[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick backstory on my relationship, I hope I'll put in everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: relationship-problems.jpg (52KB, 625x412px) Image search: [Google]
relationship-problems.jpg
52KB, 625x412px
Quick backstory on my relationship, I hope I'll put in everything that's relevant, if something is missing please ask:

I'm 25, my gf is 20, we met two years ago, starting out as a long distance relationship. 8 months forward her dad died (which was her last family member) and I offered her to move in with me (she was still at school during that time). We had a bit of a rough time, I took the summer off work but we made it work.

This spring she got dected with a disease that is treatable but not curable (MS). It was again, a really rough time, we spent most of our time in hospitals/at doctors and I had to take care of everything, since she doesn't speak the language here. Her psychological state also got much, much worse (she was already depressed before her dad died, now she's borderline suicidal.) In the last few weeks she got better, but she is still popping a few xanax or drinking on most of the days.

Anyway, despite the huge responsability that got dropped on me that I am NOT used to (I am not irresponsible, but used to just work and play video games), she was also acting pretty mean to me. I swallowed it most of the time, since she has been through a shitton, also breaking up wasn't even possible, because she doesn't have a job or money and would never be able to make it on her own. Also her constantly being depressed started getting to me, it is hard to describe, but having someone around you 24/7 that is misearble is tough, especially if you love that person and you have to see her suffer. I also had to be home pretty much 24/7, especially when the doctors changed her medication.

1/2
>>
2/2

I gave her an ultimatum 2 weeks ago and since than she really changed. She helps me a lot around the house again and is really nice torwards me. However, I am still acting completely cold, treating her like a roommate. I have no idea why. For example, we lay on the couch, I know cuddling up to her and kissing her on the forehead would make her happy, but something inside of me doesn't want to.

Spending time with her still somewhat feels like a chore, although there is no logical reason for it. Same with sex, I am horny and so is she, but I just do really NOT want to have sex with her. What is wrong? She is really attractive and exactly my type. I do still love her and she is a wonderful person. But I am just NOT capable of showing her any real affection anymore. Does anyone have a guess what it could be? I would really appreciate any input.
>>
>>18712718
Pretty simple bro.

You're resenting having to be her caretaker, and that's killing your libido and sense of attraction.

Solutions: Couples therapy, google some shit on the internet about living with a sick partner, pick up a book about exactly this subject (there are tons), talk to her about this shit and how it's making you feel, change up your life dynamics so that you're feeling less of a burden and can re spark some of what made you attracted to one another, blah blah blah
>>
>>18712738
Couples therapy is really expensive, but thanks for the other tips, I will read some stuff about it.
Don't really know how to change our dynamics though desu.
>>
>>18712718
run. run as fast and as far as you can.
>>
>>18713002
Why? Please give me some reasoning
>>
>>18713015
your jobless, skill less parasite with no prospects is on the verge of generating tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical costs over the next 5 to ten years.

run for your life before its too late to escape. Leave the state if you have to.
>>
>>18713067
She has health insurance and we're in Europe, so hundreds of thousands of dollars of costs won't happen
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.