[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys, I got dismissed from my Pharm.D. program as a third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: failed.jpg (53KB, 1050x550px) Image search: [Google]
failed.jpg
53KB, 1050x550px
Hello guys,

I got dismissed from my Pharm.D. program as a third year student, and I now owe $156,000 to my name. Yeah..

This is really bad. I have a job right now and I make $22 per hour.

So, I was thinking that my next option would be to learn coding and go through a coding bootcamp such as App academy. It's free until you get your first job, then they take a cut of your salary.

If not then I was going to go teach English in China for a year until I figure things out.
>>
Can I hug you? In similar situation, look the other post. I can't imagine how devastated you might be.
>>
>>18712456
Well, good thing is you've got some marketable skills.

Tried appeals I presume to get reinstated?
>>
>>18712464
well, to be honest I still feel educated and accomplished. I just have to move on with my life but it sucks that I have to start over, yet again.

>>18712475
Yes I tried and I still got kicked out for good, there's no going back to the program.

I am just gonna do IBR repayment for 20-25 years, and then the loans are forgiven afterwards. There's nothing else I can do.
>>
>>18712483
Do you have any chances to reapply at different program even overseas just so you get a degree? How old are you?
>>
>>18712509
No. I would have to start all over I believe. And yes I only had one year left... My school has a weird curriculum so it is not likely that these credits can transfer over. That's what everyone has been telling me.

I am now 26.
>>
>>18712537
Starting over might not be a bad idea, if you feel you can win it this time. I have same issue to ponder, but it's another 5 years and loads of money.
I still have 2 weeks before commission decides my fate. So obviously I'm still in the middle of it, still have student status, unfortunately it's too late for transfers. I've been talking to some other schools and gist is start all over again. I've put so much into it it's kinda difficult to just let it go and change field compleatly.
>>
>>18712573
Also, most important, if you feel you've got energy for it. I'm mentally totally exhausted.
>>
>>18712584
I am mentally frustrated with the field and already have like 3 years of experience in the field, 2 years of working experience.

I could try to do like a 3 year program, but that would mean taking out more money and idk if feds will let me.

There are also online pharm.d. programs, but that would be another 4 years.

I have options but they are all very costly.
>>
>>18712573
which field were you in btw?
>>
>>18712595
Dentistry, there is other thread. Just use search.
>>
>>18712593
Well, at least you got some income atm. How demanding are online pharm. d programs?
>>
>>18712624
I am not sure, they might be a little demanding. i am more worried about the cost and taking out even more loans.
>>
>>18712456
Why did you get dismissed? Did you fail an exam and then a retake?
>>
>>18712746
didn't pass clinical rotations... which is more serious
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.