[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm only ever confident around people that I subconsciously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: B_CSykxUsAA2XM8.jpg (27KB, 640x486px) Image search: [Google]
B_CSykxUsAA2XM8.jpg
27KB, 640x486px
I'm only ever confident around people that I subconsciously deem 'lesser' than me. People with perceived lower physical appearance, mental intelligence, life accomplishments, social position etc.
I meet a bro in university who looks a little seedy and is clearly socially awkward. Around him, I'm a such a chill, alpha dude, taking charge and initiating things (no douchebaggery or unfriendliness - just super confident).

The same goes for middle aged women. I immediately become a smooooth ass motherfucker with even a sexier tone of voice. 9 times out of 10 I can feel their impressed-ness and attraction.

But around people I view the 'same' as me? I'm mildly uncomfortable. Around people I deem 'greater', I'm a timid mess. I become wojak and fall into line behind actually confident people. And of course, pretty young girls? Pic related

Why am I like this? It disturbs me, because it means it's like I'm assigning peoples' intrinsic worth on "things". It also reveals how i think about/evaluate myself. I would much rather treat everyone and myself the same with a static level of basic regard..
>>
>Why am I like this?
Because you're insecure and aren't happy with who you are. You need to surround yourself with 'inferior' people to feel any sense of self-worth. When other people are 'superior' to you, you feel like you're nothing, because you don't have real confidence, it's just a facade.
>>
>>18711556

>Because you're insecure and aren't happy with who you are. You need to surround yourself with 'inferior' people to feel any sense of self-worth.

Jesus H. Christ you're right
Bloody hell, I always thought I was okay with myself but on deeper inspection just now I realized I'm not

How do I fix this situation?
>>
>>18711578
>How do I fix this situation?
No idea, you just asked what the problem was. Therapy would be my educated guess though.
>>
>>18711588

Fair enough. At least this direction is a starting point. Thanks anon
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.