[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lied and said I was forklift qualified and I'm actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (6KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 233x217px
I lied and said I was forklift qualified and I'm actually not. I start tomorrow morning. I've used a forklift before a couple times and I've moved a couple pallets around but nothing major.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>18710699
>be honest and face consequences
>continue lying and risk fucking up and costing the company money
>>
>>18710706
or injuring someone

OP what is forklift qualificaiton? does that involve an actual cert? if not, just tell them you have experience with forklifts but you're rusty and need to relearn, or something
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ZmOgMlyRE

future op
>>
>>18710710
This is your best bet OP
>>
OP this post actually made me laugh, something about you letting it get this late before realising maybe you might have fucked up plus the Cowboy Bebop image.

Just fucking admit to it man.
>>
I've driven forklifts before. They're easy to get the hang of and it IS like riding a bicycle in that you never "unlearn"

Just hop on it and give it your best shot. I've worked with a few people who bullshit and say "I used to drive a forklift all the time at my old job!" then barely pass the certification at the current employer. They're still driving the forklift today.
>>
>>18710699
Just go do it OP
a lot of people get jobs through who they know not what they know and if you're smart enough you'll figure it out as you go seeing as you already know basic movement and operating
>>
It's not just about the actual capabilities, my dude.

Did you sign anything saying you're qualified? If your employer somehow ends up in trouble with the state because they have a non-qual forklift operator, you might be on the hook for damages.
>>
Watch a tutorial if you did it before to remember and tomorrow just "test it out a bit to see if there is anything wrong with it"
>>
Just wing it bro. Mention you're kinda rusty, and just did it was needed previously.

Maybe see if there's a course they'd let you take to refresh your skills.
>>
>>18710699

In my country you need a certificate

So you would need to show that certificate when you start on your new job
>>
>>18710706
No fuck this. How can you get trained in the first place if everyone requires you to be experienced anyway. Were you born in a life where your parents own a warehouse? No

Just watch YouTube videos lmao
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.