[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, i fucked up a little bit. I'm a 21 year old from NYC.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (9KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 214x236px
So, i fucked up a little bit. I'm a 21 year old from NYC. I was bored last week(Wednesday night - 8/30)) and used a texting app(textnow) and pretended to be a mutual friend and texted some girl i used to know. I didnt send anything bad, but as a joke i mentioned her and I(the person i was pretending to be) dating and she caught on that it wasn't really the person i was saying it was. She then texted my real number and asked if i had seen somebody mentioned in the fake conversation and how she thought maybe it was her was texting her from a fake number. She told me she was going to file a police report and a little after that the conversation ended. So now i started to worry a little bit, but whatever. The next day, about halfway through the day she blocked me on snapchat and instagram. I dont give a fuck about being blocked, im just hoping thats not an indicator she actually filed a police report.

Ive texted her(and a bunch of others) from fake numbers before, but im not really worried about those because they were a while ago.She had asked me to stop a while ago on an old number/app but i didn't listen because I'm a moron. Im worried she filed a police report and the cops are gonna subpoena the texting app and then my ISP to find out it was me. I'm nervous and scared. What should I do? Or is there even anything to do? Do you think i'll get arrested? or called in for questioning?

I posted this a few times in the last few days so that I could get some opinions and shit.

I looked into it and there wasn't a threat so it can't be considered most forms of harassment legally but it could still be harassment in the 2nd degree which is a violation.
>>
You have two options: tell her it was just a prank bro!
Or wait and later tell the police: i-it was just a prank bro!!
>>
had fun reading your story

anyway, you can't really say what will happen. there just isn't a way for it. just keep quiet about it, as she will most likely not call the cops.
>>
>>18710113
Im hoping the cops don't question me or arrest me. I'm praying she didn't file anything
>>
>>18710136
>arrest

the worst that could happen is a restraining order or shit like that

then again, if you didn't threaten her or in any way indicated that you want any harm done, i think she has no basis in dong anything. and dude, these are small things, i bet police has better things to do. they don't act on more important stuff, why would they on some unknown shitposter loner?
>>
>>18710149
idk how far cops are willing to go to investigate something, so I'm worried
>>
>>18710160
let this be a lesson to you then. stop doing shit like this.

it was for me when i got scared about similar stuff.
>>
>>18710172
It is. i'm never going to prank text ever again. I'm just praying nothing legal comes of it. i'd end up killing myself
>>
>>18710094
grow up dude
>>
>>18710179
This is a wake up call that i HAVE to be more mature. i'm just scared dude
>>
I doubt she'll file a police report if you leave her alone. Too much hassle
>>
>>18710176
> i'd end up killing myself

oh you wouldn't, there's no point.

>>18710185
both you and i wont ever be mature. god, i long for those facebook phishing days from back in 2009. if only i had that thing now when social networks mean sooooo much more... id make even more chaos...
>>
>>18710192
there's a point if my life is ruined by a harassment charge
>>
>>18710094
So you are a creepy stalker that is afraid of getting caught?

Nice
>>
>>18710195
>ruined

nah, your life will be fine. your career might be fucked, or at least halted. but your life functions would still be in perfect order.
>>
NYC law student here.
You are good, cops literally can't do shit unless you tried to scam or threaten her.
If the cops do come tell them it was a joke and say sorry.
People are too quick to call the cops shiit.
>>
>>18710094
Guys stop being baited. This fag has been reposting this bullshit over and over and in other boards as well.
>>
>>18710222
I'm not gonna talk to them if they do come. I don't want to risk anything. i'm really hoping they don't come around to ask any questions or anything.

>>18710215
chances at a career getting ruined are pretty bad.
>>
>>18710094
if questioned, tell them you dont talk to police and you want a lawyer. make them prove it
>>
>>18710308
I'm praying they don't even question me
>>
>>18710308
The OP probably won't even be questioned.
>>
Sorry for the repeat thread. i'm just really scared, guys
>>
>>18710750
>make multiple court admissible confessions online about a crime
sub 80 IQ problems.
cease all contact and interaction, and move on.
>>
>>18710791
Do you really think they'd be watching me?

also I'm never going to prank text anyone ever again. So now for the next few months ill be scared shitless of the cops coming to get me
>>
>>18710800
your apparent inability to cut your losses only serves to bring further attention to your actions.
read the post a few times, get it through your head. >>18710791
>>
>>18710812
I'm just scared man
>>
>>18710094
Probably dropped. Dude deleted your text now and deactivate all links to it and remove your IP address.
>>
>>18710825
i deleted it right after she caught on that it wasn't who she thought it was
>>
you truly are a lost cause, seeking only validation for your actions, without an ounce of introspection in your being.
>>
>>18710825
i also didn't use my real name or email address when i made it
>>
>>18710837
I'm not seeking validation. I know what I did is wrong. Im never going to do it again. I'm just looking for opinions/advice on the entire situation.
>>
>>18710839
No real name or email? That's better.

Women threaten to call cops all the time even for lil things. Just don't do it again.
>>
>>18710846
I'm never gonna do it again. I'm just so scared she filed one on my real name because she suspected it was me
>>
>>18710848
Suspection alone isn't good enough. She would need confession.

If you told her to kill herself or blackmail it would be worse.
>>
>>18710853
Nah. i never said anything like that. i was all benign shit except for once instance of making fun of her because her old fiance had a small dick
>>
>>18710853
and i like i had said earlier, She claims she filed police reports before about the previous times i prank texted her but i literally heard nothing about those and Its been a long enough period of time that I think i would've heard about them by now if I was going to at all.
>>
>>18710866
Lol
>>
>>18710875
I found it funny too, at least at the time. Now I'm just scared
>>
>>18710891
If nothing happens for days or weeks then you can just drop it.
>>
OP why do you do this? I don't have a life and even I wouldn't do anything like this.
>>
>>18710922
it's already been 10 days. how much longer would you feel is a good amount of time to worry?
>>
>>18710942
There's no point to worry if time lasped. Most charges need some kinda proof of who did it.
>>
>>18710968
So you're saying i have to be eternally worried?
>>
>>18710972
Nah.

Lawsuits and charges don't work with no real proof.
>>
>>18710980
they could subpoena the texting app and my ISP
>>
>>18710989
The number fades doesn't it? Where do you live? Apartment? Do you live a house with a resetting number or commonly shared IP?
>>
>>18711002
i live in an apartment in a pretty large building.
>>
>>18711010
Hmm. Makes it murky. If nothing happens for a long while you can just not worry about it.

Or move.
>>
>>18711018
Great, i'm gonna be worried and scared for a year now
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.