[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something my dormmate said about me to some of her friends eventually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1502585076398.jpg (888KB, 1760x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1502585076398.jpg
888KB, 1760x2400px
Something my dormmate said about me to some of her friends eventually lead me to figure out that I'm an inherently defunct human being.
>this is anon, she's very suspicious but actually very different (code for autism, I Know), meek and sensitive
>dudes laugh
>I thunk "is this really who I am? Fuck me, then. Fuck."

>best friend all my life describes me very differently-- "being around you makes the world make sense and feel good--you feel like a beacon". She has ADHD and is hyperactive around everyone but me. We talk for hours and talk about evil plans like cheesy dorks, she says I seem assertive and confident
>another dude, a friend of my dorm, says in front of a whole party after I do something that really stands out "damn, anon, I love you (note: in a platonic way)--you're so real and genuine like nobody else is. And you're so reserved but then you're actually so bold and fierce--it's awesome!"
>everyone agrees and makes a toast to me
>me: *assumes it's some elaborate joke despite this dude usually being open and kind to everyone, so much so people think he's gay"
>assume that each time someone says something nice about me or is kind to me, it's a joke

>thunk some more
>it seems fairly random what people make of me
>realize that all I am are only the weird impressions I give to others--that they're all but a series of accidents in the end. Nothing is deliberate, nothing is controlled. I often do things and say things that by all means I barely remember...that I barely believe I did. I'm like an unchained beast...
>it's always an accident that a make rooms full of people laugh
>it's always an accident that I make a connection with someone, I always disappoint them
>my life is an accident
>social retardation and past weight issues (dealt with, but still depressing) has destroyed my self-confidence and rendered me into a socially anxious individual
>I'm empty

So...how does a retarded person without any principles, good traits, or coherent thoughts change?
>>
you're not special, just obsessive. the non socially anxious don't remember or obsess over every time they had a friend or were the center of attention. Everybody gets varied reactions like you and most of them don't care
>>
Women and shitskins can't be autistic.
>>
>>18709941
>special
Weird thing to say to a person that thinks they're the opposite of special.
>obsessive
Yeah, to a degree,

But my issues is real--I don't have much an identity and you may judge me all I want for saying this, but having an identity and being a self-contained individual with purpose is important to me.
>>
File: 1497663699310.jpg (90KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1497663699310.jpg
90KB, 500x379px
>>18710062
>is
*are

To clarify feeling empty and wanting to be a more defined person:

I dunno. I always disliked the idea of stumbling through life and that's exactly what I do. Everything's confusing, I live in a very animal-like way minus actually being a hedonist (i.e., partying, having sex, etc.). I literally spent three years in college jumping from one thing to another out of fear--"what if I choose wrong and fuck up my entire life? What if i'm trapped?" Thank fucking god I got over that period of my life. But regardless, the beast analogy comes into play here.

My biggest actions and work have been because I felt like I was trapped like a cage beast, furious and fearful. Cue survival instinct, stress, and then resolution. I fix the problem. But, often, other problems spring up in the long run. The freedom's an illusion and I find that all along the ball and chain were always trailing behind me. A painful burden. I live reactively, not proactively. Thus, I feel like shit. I know I'm shit, my childhood was traumatic and I have issues. But even so I want to be less like a like mess and more like someone. I want to break out of this cycle.
>>
File: 1491877046432.gif (960KB, 284x223px) Image search: [Google]
1491877046432.gif
960KB, 284x223px
Bumpity. The two responders totally missed the point.
>>
Bumper.
>>
>>18709913
Gonna just say this; you're not unsalvageable but you are incredibly low in self-esteem.

Thats hard to change. Social retardation can be worked on but its hard. Really hard. And takes time. You have to get used to feeling embarassed or nervous or rejected cos it'll happen a fuck ton.

I worked on my personality for about a year, I tried going on random tinder dates etc, worked out til I was really fit (that helped boost confidence a bit because people I knew commented on how fit I looked I was hugely overweight and went down to a medium shirt size).

You keep thinking everythings an accident and you have no self-worth. Tbf I still felt empty for a while so I just hung around with friends more, and only started to feel properly full when I met my partner. They just made me realise that someone wanted me this much meant that I wasn't a total fuckup.

Just remember that your personality is malleable and able to change. Its difficult but never tell yourself its impossible or be defeatist about it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.