[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Right off the bat, I have trust issues. I'm paranoid and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: gif.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Right off the bat, I have trust issues. I'm paranoid and tend to worry that people are out to hurt me, even if they haven't actually hurt me, but in this situation someone has. What are good ways to re-establish trust with someone who's hurt me?
>>
You don't. Trust is something that's earned over a long period of time. Once broken, it starts over. Generally people who break trust willl do it again as people generally do not change. It human intstinct as a way to protect yourself. So don't go trusting people you shouldn't because some loving liberal tells you everyone deserves 100 chances in life. They don't.
>>
>>18709904
It's hard to explain, because on one hand, it feels like I believe they won't do it again, but on the other hand I'm a very paranoid person who worries about the stupidest shit. Only this isn't stupid shit that can't just easily be waved away as irrational thoughts, not anymore anyways. But I'm determined to trust them again. I believe they deserve it.
>>
>>18709904
Depends on the relationship you have with them,and how bad they hurt you.I wouldn't stop talking to someone if they stole some food in my fridge.Also you have to forgive family.
>>
>>18709912
It's ultimately your choice but the first time you're hurt, it's their fault, the second time, it's your choice. Be careful.
>>
>>18709928
That's true be careful who you give a second chance
>>
>>18709927
You have to forgive family? No you don't. That's just stupid. You don't forgive anyone who isn't sorry, show true remorse and promises not to do it again.
>>
>>18709939
Yeah some things are unforgivable that's true
>>
>>18709928
>>18709937
Yeah, that's a good point, and I'm definitely aware of it. We've already been making a lot of progress, and I already feel like things are better now than before they hurt me--at least in most departments. It's just hard because I was hoping the trust would come back more quickly. It's been a few years, and things are getting better, but I'm impatient and frustrated that I'm not at 100% yet

>>18709927
I don't know if you *have* to forgive family no matter what. But the hurt was pretty bad. But like I said earlier, I'm determined to work on this
>>
>>18709950
Well my advice isn't from experience but glad to help
>>
>>18709959
Any advice is appreciated!
>>
>>18709950
There are certain things you may never get over completely and it changes the relationship forever. That's the problem with trust issues. That's why sometimes in the end it doesn't work out no matter how hard you try. This is not a defect but how you are wired and reflects what you are and are not willling to tolerate. There's no harm in trying but be aware you may discover you'll never get where you want to be.
>>
>>18709979
I believe this is something I can get over. It's just going to take a lot of work. I want to try everything within my power to work on this and make progress. Therapy, writing, anything!
>>
>>18709996
That's a good attitude
I hope you the best I must go
>>
Any other tips or advice?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.