[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you're in a friendship with a woman, how do you protect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: random stock img.jpg (427KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
random stock img.jpg
427KB, 2000x1000px
If you're in a friendship with a woman, how do you protect yourself (or her) from developing feelings? I've had to burn bridges with otherwise awesome women because one of us developed feelings and I've taken on a policy of not even having female friends. But friends get harder to come by as you get older and I would rather not discount half the population.
>>
>>18709668
Straight men and women cannot be friends without somebody wanting to fuck
>>
You can't choose what you feel. You can choose what you do. My best friend (who is a woman) knows that I'd do her if she'd be okay with it and can accept that just like I accept her saying that that is never happening.
>>
Make sure the women you are friends with are women you want to be -friends- with specifically. No exes, no unrequited feelings-salvations from either side. You should want to be around them because they are pleasant and entertaining/interesting/whatever people.

Secondly, act the part. You don't have to never touch her or whatever, but keep the overall dynamic light-hearted. There's a natural sort of indifference/casualty between most friends where you are not dying to hear from each other 24/7 and not always ready to do each other whatever favor. Make sure you don't slip into romantic behavior (cutesy little texts, tender compliments, you name it) or sexual vibes. If you are in doubt, ask yourself whether you would've done this to/for a male friend.

Thirdly, make sure they are women you actively do not want to date. Eg she's attractive and smart, but incredibly driven and type A while you are a mellow guy looking for a girl with the same outlook. Or knowing that certain behavior/traits of them would drive you insane to be around. Feeling some attraction is not terrible, you are only human, but feeling like there's real potential for love is. So make sure that even if suddenly you become very physically attracted to them, you are still aware that a relationship isn't all that tempting to think about reasonably.

Imo platonic doesn't mean that you never ever feel any kind of spark or desire. It's more like being professional contacts vs being friends. You might personally like a business client but you're not going to grab a beer with them (depending on the sector) because that would muddy the waters and be unprofessional. It would make you uncomfortable despite the fact that you are professional and not personal acquaintances not being rooted in somehow not liking them. You have just made a different choice, more suitable to the situation, and now honor and invest in that choice. Lamenting what could've been if you had met as friends is a waste of time.
>>
get into a relationship
>>
The only times I didn't develop feelings for a girl I was being friends with was when it was either a girl that didn't appeal to what I like physically about girls or when I was already in a relationship.

Also, I can be sort of friends with girls if it's online-only and neither of us brings up relationship shit.
>>
>Get in a relationship
That doesn't stop some people
>>
There's a Panamanian saying: "Womans are like chickens". You can be friend of a chicken if you want, of course... but there will be a day in which you'll be hungry and you'll want to eat. You cannot stop your hunger. Just deal with it.
>>
I never thought it was that hard. I've had girls I've been friends with for years and never wanted to be more than friends. Others not so and I'm not friends with.
>>
File: 4df.png (120KB, 368x298px) Image search: [Google]
4df.png
120KB, 368x298px
>>18709680
By that logic, bi people can't be friends with anyone.
>>
>>18709698
What about bi women?
>>
>>18709703
>>18709698

Sluts, both of them.
>>
>>18709698
>bi
>people
>>
Why can't you have feelings for someone and just be their friend?
>>
>>18709706
Never knew there was good advice on /adv/
You proved me wrong
>>
>>18709698
Exactly, they shouldn't exist.
>>
>>18709723
Sorry this isn't /pol/
>>
>>18709717

For your health.
>>
>>18709723
Says the namefag posting on the anonymous board...
>>
File: 1496210996186.gif (1MB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1496210996186.gif
1MB, 500x364px
>>18709723
That's a nice meme.
>doesn't fit into someone's schema of the world
>it shouldn't exist
This is some next-level shit. Thanks for the mememories.
>>
>>18709696
How to be a friend of a chicken? It's not like you can take it to dinner at KFC.
>>
If I have no romantic interest in a woman, I can be their friend.

I might want to fuck them, but if I actually like hanging out with them and talking to them, it's not that important to me. If I develop feelings then I usually stop hanging out with them, or, worst case scenario, just tell them so that they can reject me (if they have a boyfriend or aren't interested) or we can just try things if she says yes.

If you're only hanging out with a woman you want to fuck (but don't want to date) because you might fuck her, then you're not really her friend and should just make a move. If it doesn't work then move the fuck on.
>>
>>18709698
>hurr sexual deviant problems

who the fuck cares about people who were abused as children and didn't bother to report to the police
>>
>>18709729
>>18709733
>>18709757
BUT DA JOOZ
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.