[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you approach a girl, would you prefer them tell you if they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: skeletor.jpg (62KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
skeletor.jpg
62KB, 540x407px
When you approach a girl, would you prefer them tell you if they're taken pretty immediately? I don't ever want to be like "Ummm I have a BOYfrannn, sorryyyy," what else can I say when I see a potentially friend / art collaborator who's maybe new to the area and wants to hang out sometime?

I'm really outgoing and involved with the art community, so when people ask to hang out I always suggest local events I want to support etc and am always open to bringing more people into that circle. Most of the time it all works out and I make new friends, but there have been a few really cool dudes I think would enjoy my friend circle because they're into film and performance art and music or the myriad of other things that bond my community, but they dip out pretty much as soon as they realize I'm not single. I see value in them as people and if they stuck around they'd meet my single friends who are way cooler than me, but nah.

On one hand I feel like I need to be more open about my relationship status, but don't want to spring it awkwardly or rudely. On the other, is it even worth bothering over to persuade people who are attracted to my appearance and the thought of a relationship first and foremost? I just feel like I've lost out on a lot of networking as an artist due to this.
>>
Just go along with it unless they're overt with what they want.

My girlfriend has a habit of dropping me into a topic of conversation like "Oh me and my boyfriend went there as well!" or something like that. Its way easier for guys, I've only ever had to use the "Eh I have girlfriend excuse" with two people, one who I didn't realise was pursuing me at the time, and the other was a drunk girl who didn't even take that as a no. Ew.
>>
>if they stuck around they'd meet my single friends
Yes! We need cunning female friends like you.

Sadly not everyone can see what's good for them. If you feel like someone is coming on to you, then mentioning your bf in passing is probably a good idea. Going around telling every male you meet that you have a bf is probably not a good idea. Trust your instincts and then wing it, that's how most stuff gets done.
>>
>>18709182
I should start doing that, "my boyfriend and I are both artists," or something. Then I wouldn't have to worry about not realizing that's what they were looking for, because they'll either stick around and finish the conversation at least or buzz out then and there...

It just sucks to have so many interactions ride on that. Guess there's nothing I can do about that, though.
>>
>>18709204
The problem is I try to see the good in everyone and find things we have in common, but that can be misunderstood as being interested in them when I'm just trying to be friendly.
>>
>>18709232
yeah, stop leading people along so much and you will have this problem less frequently
>>
>>18709232
I can see that. However, that's a problem with them not with you.
>>
Usually when I'm meeting a girl for the first time in any setting (college, work, etc), they find some way to mention the fact they have a boyfriend. For example, when I ask what they're into, they'll say on weekends they like to go out some place with their boyfriend. When a girl doesn't do this and I find out a month or two later she's not single, I usually get kind of weirded out and assume the relationship isn't going too well. Perhaps a bad assumption on my part, but it's weird to work with someone for months or sit next to someone in class for awhile, get to know them, and only find out about their boyfriend 4 months down the line from someone else.
>>
>>18709279
Not a bad assumption, that's actually an interesting perspective, like she's almost keeping it a secret. I definitely need to work on bringing it up passively...

With people I'm expected to spend a lot of time with like coworkers, it comes up fast because I'm expected to talk about myself more with them as an introduction, whereas if I'm just meeting someone, a stranger or customer at work etc I'm more inclined to talk about shared interests.
>>
>>18709179
>When you approach a girl
lmao
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.