[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just found out my girlfriend quit smoking shortly before she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1377858_1280x720.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1377858_1280x720.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
I just found out my girlfriend quit smoking shortly before she met me. She's 23 now, and apparently has been chainsmoking incessantly since she was 13. For some reason this really bothers me. Any kind anons have any idea why, or how I can get over this seemingly tiny detail?
>>
File: IMG_0544.jpg (64KB, 529x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0544.jpg
64KB, 529x637px
>>
>>18709078
>For some reason this really bothers me.

Why?
>>
>>18709096
I don't know. It just does. That's the problem.
>>
>>18709141

It's your problem. Think about why it bothers you so much. We can't tell you that, you need to tell us that. We have no way of knowing what goes on in your head.
>>
File: models.jpg (97KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
models.jpg
97KB, 396x594px
It would definitly bother me too, anon. I don't want fucked up kids.
>>
>>18709078
Would bother me too, ask her y. Really weird
>>
>>18709272
If my boyfriend asked me "Why am I bothered by the fact that you used to smoke in high school?" I'd think he's crazy.
>>
maybe it bothers you because it can indicate a personality that's susceptible to addictions generally, possibly leading to other problems? Or because it's a pretty significant part of her life that you're only just finding out about?

honestly though, I think it's a good thing, it shows that she has the willpower and motivation to improve herself, quitting smoking after decades isn't easy.
>>
>>18709078
>the absolute state of the millennial male

Good one OP, I fucking kek'd.
>>
>>18709078
Well clearly part of you doesn't find this detail tiny.

You should dig deeper into why this bothers you op try to use more words how does the smoking make you feel? what did you picture in your head when she told you?
>>
>>18709078

She fucking kicked a highly addictive habit after a decade of use.

You should be proud of and impressed by her
>>
>>18709520
>>18709316
Thanks anons. That seems like the correct response.

>>18709493
>>18709145
I suppose it's just the fact that she's not perfect and pure. Yes, that's a ridiculous way of saying it. You know what I mean.
>>
>chainsmoking since 13

Dude, what?

I'm not even that older than you (30), but God damn, what the fuck is wrong with you kids?

>implying I'm not aware my own generation had kids like that too
>>
>>18709559
As you get to know her more and more she will reveal areas of her personality and character that you have failed to map properly. This can be good as you it will keep you interested in her, or it can be bad you find out she's got multiple kids. Ultimately it's for you to decide what you can live with.

Also when you meet someone new you have this idealized version of them which is better than reality because it is filled with potential. But potential should be actualized otherwise it becomes laziness or apprehension. Think of a twenty something that doesn't know what they want to do with their life working at blockbuster versus a forty something.

>>18709700
Checked
Matthew 7:3-5
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.