[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i got neetbux around 800 bux/mo, no credit, living situation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: DJGZK88W0AArIdh.jpg (65KB, 799x767px) Image search: [Google]
DJGZK88W0AArIdh.jpg
65KB, 799x767px
i got neetbux around 800 bux/mo, no credit, living situation is fucked, what do?
i am pretty volatile to people who are near me too often in my neurosis, shared living may actually be a recipe for disaster.
wanna go to a college, i dont wanna rot away, can go anywhere in US idc

any ideas?
>>
>>18708401
i should make this my dating profile
>>
Cool story, bro.

I have a near identical situation, except I'm 2 years ahead of you. I stuck it out, attended community college, and just transferred to my local four year.

If you're willing to rack up debt, then feel free to apply to universities anywhere across the country. If you don't have community college credits, then you will need to have taken an SAT and decent high school grades.

Are you getting a lump sum in a year's time, by any chance? You could possibly use that to buy a mobile home somewhere, so you can retain privacy, whilst warding off homelessness.

If you don't care about being homeless, then look into the van dwelling community. There's some asian girl who vlogs about it.

here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfbhG0fQlzs

This can be you, broseph. I'm too chicken shit to leave the nest though, and rough it out, out in the elements.
>>
>>18708424
my nest is no more in less than a month

i did very well on my GED does that count lmao?
i already got and blew my arrears if that's what you're referring to (this situation was very unexpected) unless this other thing goes thru

maybe i'll do the van thing, i have to do something that's for sure
>>
>>18708495
GED doesn't close doors necessarily, if you go and take an SAT and get a good score. With a good SAT, you're better off than the high school grad with a lower score.

However, if you dropped out and didn't take many high school classes, and you know you're not very good at test taking, then that will close doors for you. Public universities have minimum standards, if you can't meet them, then you don't get in. Retards, usually go to the diploma mill places, like University of Phoenix. OR, you can start out at community college, like me, and do the transfer thing. I knew I was never gonna SAT my way into university cause I'm pretty retarded on math tests, so I just went straight into community college and treated it like high school 2.0.
>>
>>18708495
I was referring to arrears, yes.

Final note on the universities. Some of them are suckers for stories like yours--the ones with great adversity and 'woe is me' shit. However, university in general is a scam right now, unless you're going into fields that you know will have job prospects once you're done: usually the STEM ones, accounting, nursing, and IT.

If you're not interesting/capable of doing one of those fields, then university is not worth it. You don't want to drown in debt over a liberal arts degree--regardless if you finish it or not--just because you wanted the university experience. Just watch some online lectures, and crash university parties in whatever town you'll be in, if you're not in it for the money.

I'm trying to impart financial wisdom on you man. I'm doing a liberal arts degree, and I'm just seeing it through because I want the stupid piece of paper. I will most likely continue being NEET after I'm done with college, since I chose a useless major.

Final note on universities: if you're interested in an IT degree, and aren't opposed to an online university, then google Western Governor's University. It's both the cheapest and only accredited public university with distance programs. They only focus on education, business, nursing, or IT, however. Since you don't know where you'll be staying, an online program might be more up your alley.

You're in for some rough times, if you have to leave your nest in a month, with no arrears/savings, and have to subsist on 800/month. You're on a fast track path to homelessness. Definitely look into buying a car/van so you can at least have some protection from the elements. Don't bother trying to do a roommate situation with your 800. You'll pay 600 on boarding, and then 200 on food/bills. You'll be living on 0 disposible dollars. Makes no sense. NEETbucks are meant to put a roof over you. They're just meant to feed you.

I don't know what else to suggest. Honestly, I'm glad I'm not you.
>>
>>18708401
Last thing. I'm heading to bed. If you're not mentally stable, then you're not going to be able to handle college. That's just a fact. You said you don't want to live with others because of your neuroticism. Doesn't that imply also, that you won't work well with others? Even in aspie majors, you still have to get into groups, and present shit in front of the class.

You didn't give any information on why you want to do university. But just based on the facts of your situation, it doesn't sound like a good idea.

Focus on surviving with your 800 stipend, and getting treatment from a shrink/doctor. Before any fancy ideas. Do serious research on towns you will consider moving to. Most aren't homeless/poor friendly. Plan out your shit, even if you're just going to do the van thing. There are places where you can't sleep in your car (the towns that don't want poor people).

Alrighty then, good luck with your life, NEET friend. Don't go crazy on those 800 bucks -- they're nothing. Learn to save. Keep an emergency fund.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.