[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like there's no hope for me when it comes to finding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4819.jpg (38KB, 450x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4819.jpg
38KB, 450x301px
I feel like there's no hope for me when it comes to finding love because either guys run away from mentally ill girls or they're unaware of the burden and have their spirit crushed in the toxic relationship with me. I have trauma that I will never heal from. I'll always be depressed. I'll always have social anxiety. How am I supposed to find love?
>>
>>18708030
I'm a male in the same boat, maybe we're meant for each other
>>
this faggot here is just trying to get his dick sucked.
>>
>>18708030
>trauma
Explain.
>>
this faggot here is just trying to get his dick sucked.
>>
File: 1394442467650.jpg (15KB, 309x343px) Image search: [Google]
1394442467650.jpg
15KB, 309x343px
>>18708030

>How am I supposed to find love?

Stop convincing yourself you are powerless and take control of your life. I work in the mental health field and I've seen people who have experienced the worst trauma imaginable get better. It happens all the time. It is possible. Professionally, I've noticed the difference between people who get better and the people who don't is that the people who get better really want it; need it, almost. The people who get better hit rock bottom and their survival instinct kicks in; the people who don't get better hit their bottom and curl up and wait to die. Sometimes the biggest hurdle in any kind of recovery is the crippling sense of self-defeat that some with years of convincing yourself that you have no control over your mental illness. It ends up that way because taking control is not a moment that happens like it does in the movies; there is no magical light bulb instance in which you suddenly defeat your demons and live happily ever after. Treating mental illness is difficult. Its long and tiresome and some days you'll feel even worse than you did when you started.

Unfortunately some people just aren't willing to put the work in; some people are so scared of being responsible for their lives that they would rather convince themselves there is nothing they can do. I hope you don't end up being one of those people but make no mistake, OP, you always had a choice. Look yourself in the mirror dead in the eye and tell yourself "You always had a choice."

Somewhere underneath all of your sadness you know its the truth. Whether or not you use that truth is up to you.
>>
>>18708030
you should do your best to improve those things as well.You will be judged objectively for those things as character flaws.
>>
Unless you have tried EVERYTHING in your power to improve and change your inner self you can't keep telling yourself you will never be better. I cut my depression and anxiety with 80%, first with medication and after that with serious daily meditation routines and focusing on mindfulness. Your first step would be to stop telling yourself you're incurable. If you want love you need to work for it and start by working on yourself. And not just one or two weeks, but make it a lifelong journey, where you allow yourself to stumble but always come back stronger.

There's nothing more satisfying than looking back to the you of 5 years ago and recognizing all the progress you made. Going outside and visiting stores without anxiety, so simple but so freeing. Start today!
>>
>>18708075
My parents basically kept me inside and abused me my whole life. I have emotional issues, attachment issues, barely any social skills, etc.
>>
>>18708030
Dude for real... Suck it up. Fix yourself because no ones going to do it for you. I was sexually abused by my brother & sexually harrased by my uncle. I never had friends in school cuase I was a depressed fuck, full of "im a victim, im traumatized"... Not only this I was in an abusive relationship for 2 yrs. One day I woke up & said... Fuck this shit.. Whether you ignore the fact that what happened happened, or accept it and move on. You heal yourself. Becuase you CAN..you're holding yourself back. Fix yourself. You ARE CAPABLE.
>>
>>18708030
Try going outside.
>>
A mentally ill girl here. All the anons saying that you should work on yourself are right. The brain is an incredibly plastic organ. Sure, you've been dealt a shitty hand and you'll likely always have issues of some kind, but you can improve to the point of being able to function most of the time if you adopt the right mental patterns.

My second tip may probably sound counter productive, but it might be good for you to date someone who also has mental issues. Not someone who let his illness ruin him, but rather someone who has it under control. A person like that will understand your struggle and you can support each other. I'm currently dating a man with a personality disorder and it's the best relationship I've ever had because I can be open about absolutely everything. There are things I'd never tell to "normal" people because they'd think I'm an idiot, but there are no such issues with him.
>>
>>18708030
Find someone you trust, pop some MDMA and therapy the shit out of yourself. Probably your best chance of getting over the trauma desu
>>
>>18708030
Do a shitload of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, exercise regularly and do things that give you joy. What hobbies do you want to get into? Find people through that.
>>
>>18708030
First of all, it is pretty evident from my perspective that you are pessimistic as one can be. You have low self-esteem as well, or at least portray that about yourself. I've only read a couple of sentences pertaining to your life, and I already know you are giving up.

Solution: Mix iodized salt with a 52%, oh wait...your problem is not that complicated. Move on. Everyone suffers a traumatic incident whether physically or mentally. If you wallow in your "defeat" thinking about the pain, you'll never find something better to make you feel good again. Good luck, Sir.

TL;DR: Stop wallowing in self-defeat. Use the pain as a reference for something to face on during your journey for finding a better bitch. G'luck, Jr.
>>
>>18709690
Not OP, but how do I do that? I've been really struggling recently to the point where I've actually booked an appointment with my GP (haven't been to a doctor for at least 10 years, so that alone was extremely hard), I'm struggling to even eat, I just can't stomach more than a few spoons, feel like I'm gonna vomit if i try eating more, i used to play a shitload of videogames but none of them can give me joy anymore. Just reading this thread has motivated me to try harder but i just don't know where to begin. I have no time to go to gym cause i work full time, 10 hours a day (which I'm content with since it pays enough), and when I'm at home i just feel extremely demotivated, just want to sleep, and when I'm on my computer i catch myself just staring at the screen and refreshing the same page for minutes if not hours. What do? Just wait till what doc says? I feel lost.
>>
It'll take a while, but just keep looking and you'll find someone for absolute sure. As long as you stay loyal i see no reason for someone to not work past your problems. Everyone has problems.
>>
File: adv guru.png (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
adv guru.png
24KB, 500x500px
>>18709727
Bump in the hopes OP stops becoming a pussy like I once was.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.