[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For whatever reason social interaction is becoming incredibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: I am an ocean of emotions.png (202KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
I am an ocean of emotions.png
202KB, 500x281px
For whatever reason social interaction is becoming incredibly difficult for me. I haven't always been this way- i've had a lot of friends, girlfriends, slept around a bit, and more or less have had decent social skills up until this point. I'm not a robot.

But nowadays whenever I start talking to a person, I get this strange as fuck mix of feelings. One half of me is terrified that they see that i'm a total fucking freak, like they can almost smell what a worthless person I am, and that scares me. ANother half is me not giving a single shit about who they are or what they have to say. That's applying to almost everybody- even family and close friends. I have no idea how the fuck to even begin to deal with this, or what it could possibly be.

/Adv/, how do I get back to being able to talk to people again?
>>
>>18707985
You sound depressed.
>>
>>18707985
I feel literally the exact same way right now.

Someone start a war so I can at least die like a man if I can't live like one
>>
>>18708111

there already is and always is, now go and die
>>
>>18708184
Yet, here he is, meaning he is either afraid of death or actually has something to live for, but he just doesn't able to interact with people at the present time
>>
File: why tho.jpg (9KB, 430x373px) Image search: [Google]
why tho.jpg
9KB, 430x373px
Does anybody in this thread have experience with being like this and then becoming normal again?
>>
>>18708199
I don't remember things ever being that way, but I do beleive it's possible. Sounds a bit like low self-esteem mixed with low simpathy for others. A king that views the farmers as worthless, yet envies their apparent sense of obligation towards their job
>>
>>18708199
I used to go to Christian Youth groups even though I knew they were all brainwashed fucktards but they are nice people who talk to you in a normal way. Maybe just try going to them, anon.
>>
I'm quite depressed at the moment and feel the same way. I can see the need for greater social engagement in order to help improve my life to combat my depression, but I can't be fucked because I'm weird at best, more typically boring or condescending.

I used to be very social and active, though it always felt out of desperation or anxiety relating to not being one of the cool kids. I can't really be bothered to inflict myself upon others any more in order to try and help myself because I feel this is selfish.

Maybe I have no right to do that, but maybe self preservation makes it morally right? I suppose it relates to some idea that I should be strong enough to combat my depression on my own without seeking help or support from others because any 'cure' dependent upon others is theoretically outside of my control, but I'm not sure how much of this is low self esteem, feeling like I'm not worthy of the company of others and how much is a weird personal philosophy regarding being self sufficient and strong which is likely just bullshit designed to protect my ego because I hate feeling boring and thus getting condescending to others.

I'm withdrawn because I'm depressed. I'm depressed because I'm withdrawn. I could reach out to others, but who needs to hear that I'm depressed and withdrawn and need you as a crutch right now? Oh and by the way I'm going to be a condescending dick because my fragile ego and low self esteem demands that I try to make myself superior to you because I'm oh so insecure about inflicting myself on others when I need them.

I sound fun huh?
>>
>>18707985
OP did you eat a lot of acid over a short period of time? I realized my life was dramatically changing after a few trips.
>>
For some reason it's not letting me respond directly to posts, but i haven't dropped acid since I had a terrifying trip once. I have felt like my life is dramatically changing though.
>>
>>18708323
I only ask since I think acid has been the root cause of the feelings you mention in the OP. I really didn't believe before a drug could change your way of being but I actually think acid has changed me. I mean it sort had to, I took 100+ doses over the course of 6 months. And I haven't figured out if it was for the better or worse but my relationship with people has definitely changed. It changed the way I think, how I talk to people, how I do things now. I recently had a bad trip too and I think it was the spark that made me do a complete 180 in life. Usually a bad trip comes from you trying to suppress thoughts because you don't want to believe they're true. You don't have to believe everything the acid is telling you, after all, you're just fucking high. But there is some hidden truth to the realizations you have while tripping that you shouldn't ignore. You're viewing your life from a totally different perspective.

Do you think that bad trip made you realize something you didn't want to?
>>
It just made me realize how much I hated myself.
>>
>>18708377
Why do you say that?
>>
Because I could physically feel everybody loathing me at the party I was at. Everybody didn't have a face
>>
>>18708425
Play this game where you think you're the funniest most interesting person on Earth and trick those people into thinking you're the shit. Essentially, fake it till you make it. But you have to really believe in it in order to work otherwise you'll break.
>>
I feel much the same right now. I've always been fairly shy but at least people seemed to like me and I liked them. Now I'm scared I come off like a miserable asshole. I find everything people say really pedantic and uninteresting and anything I say seems to sound unnatural coming out of my mouth now so a lot of the time I just don't bother.

What's your current life circumstances like OP? I think I started feeling this way ever since I got bored of my job and I realised I'm stuck right now in Buttfuck Nowhere with no current ambitions. Maybe you just need a change of scenery?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.