[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lot of things going on in my life, it's been a long time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5094.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5094.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
So a little introduction about me. I used to be a completely socially withdrawn NEET. This was from age 12 - 18, just before I turned 19. Now I am 20. This all changed last year when I enrolled myself in an online
credit recovery school and got my first job. I am on my way to getting my diploma within a few months (just 3 more credits) and possibly getting a license/car within this or next year. I am currently trying to establish good credit history so I can get a decent loan, but it has only been a month, so as of now I don't have established credit history. In order to get around town and work I mostly ride my bike and sometimes get a ride. There are even times when I've walked. I do my classes in my free time. Just now I have started a new job in addition to my old one that my friend helped me get. (New one is just above min. wage with multiple promotions available, old job is retail with minimal raises and minimum wage.) My relationship with my parents has been very stressful at times, and about two months ago I moved in with a friend. The both of my parents are disabled and almost like elderly persons in the sense that they can't take care of themselves. This places a ton of pressure on me to take care of them as I am the only one that does. Recently though, both of my parents were admitted to the hospital. My dad was in pain when I came to visit, And I called an ambulance for him. He ended up having congestive heart failure and a kidney stone. The nurse said he was pretty close to dying had he not received medical treatment. About 10 days afterward, I filed a petition for my mom to be sent to the hospital unwillingly and psychologically evaluated. She was diagnosed with a few different mental disorders. Just a few days ago she was discharged, and ever since then I have moved back in because I care about her very much and I want to be there for her. I feel like it's starting to get difficult to manage everything that is going on around me. Cont.
>>
>>18707562
Part 2

I want to invest time and effort into my new job and so does my friend, but it is much further out than my old one and it is harder to get a ride and ride my bike there. My old job has no future ahead of it, but I like my coworkers and I have a good reputation there. The schedule there is a bit easier to manage too, and at that new job many of the shifts there are 3rd shift. I will be starting this week.

I have been putting off my driving practice for a while. It is something I want to work on, and having a license and a car would be amazing, but I have felt like other immediate concerns have taken priority.

Schoolwork is what I have been most concerned with regarding my own personal goals. I wish I wasn't a NEET for so long so I could have a diploma/GED already. But, as more things keep happening I am finding that I need to turn any personal time I have into school time in order to be able to get it done.

I care about my mom so much, she basically forced me to raise myself but she means the world to me. She does not have an income right now so in order for her to stay at the home, I may have to pay her bills for her.

My dad is in a nursing home home right now. I am not sure when he will come back here, but his disability benefits were my moms income and the total family income while I was a NEET.

I have been trying to save money for myself, my car, and things that would benefit me, but everything is demanding so much of me lately. I can hardly look out for myself when I have two parents to look after. Time watching videos or anime or stuff like that sometimes just feels like time wasted. My friend was saying earlier I need to just find a schedule for my schoolwork so we can hang out more.

I want to know if there is something I can do that I am overlooking that I can help my situation with. Is it how I am handling it or is it the situation itself? I don't want to be a baby about this and say its too hard to handle.
>>
Look, anon, you can do this if you set your mind to it. It seems hard, but once you get into a new routine, I promise it gets better. I was sort of in your situation, at least where I was a NEET for my teen years, but then I suddenly hit hard times. I became homeless. My exfiance left me homeless and for dead after stealing every penny and valuable I had to my name, even the senitmental stuff that was worthless to everyone but me.
I had nothing.

Listen to this piece of advice and keep it your top priority: do anything and everything with yourself as your main concern.
Jobs? Take the best one, even if it is a little farther. It will be better in the long run. I personally go out to the highest bidder, but that's because I KNOW my work will be the best and no one will be able to compare. Not just saying that because I'm cocky, but because I work my ass off.

But, I got to this point after getting a foot up by taking the minimum wage job and walking there for two months, obtaining a second job, working both and saving up beaucoup bucks until I got more hours at the second job (that paid better) and quit the first one. I worked over 65hr a week at the 2nd job alone, and 86hr/wk when I had both, so I worked there. I saved up about $1700 to put a down-payment on a $6k SUV. Then, while working, I reduced my hours slightly to venture out and find better work.

Point of it is: you're going to be dragging your legs, until they're numb, in deep shit for a little bit, but if you work hard and persist you WILL succeed. The little milestones add up, especially when you have nothing.

Now, I'm not saying to forget your parents, you do what you think you need to do based on what YOU think is best. But you need to focus on yourself but you are there at the end of the day, not anyone else.
>>
dude. that's heavy
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.