[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no friends >feel no anxiety talking to people, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: despair.jpg (30KB, 539x406px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
30KB, 539x406px
>tfw no friends
>feel no anxiety talking to people, but conversations go into awkward territory very fast, can feel the other person getting uninterested and/or weirded out
>can only have actual conversations with hardcore nerds with similar interests or recluses with similar world views

>tfw no sex life
>can pick up girls that are 5/10 and below, maybe a 6/10 if I'm on top of my game, but when I look at them I feel no attraction and everything from hanging out to having sex feels awful
>all the girls which catch my eye and desire are attracted to taller, athletic, social/popular guys

>tfw studying EE in college
>watch colleagues having a great time, hanging out in groups and being buddies, having great sex with attractive girls, and complaining once in a while about bad grades
>meanwhile I have perfect grades but spend every night alone and depressed, and even when I graduate I know those same guys will cuck me out of jobs/promotions anyway because they can interview better than me and socialize better with coworkers
>tfw starting to realize I don't even like EE and just choose it because the math is hard and I wanted an ego stroke from being able to handle it

I feel so fucking empty, bros. I already regret all the shit I didn't do in high school while everyone cheered me up: "you have good grades, just wait till college, just wait till you get rich, life will be awesome :^)". I've already broken out of that illusion and I'm trying to change but honestly I haven't been doing any better in college and I'm being left behind as life passes. I'm throwing this amazing gift of life away to die a lonely, bitter death following the crying of regret in my last moments.

Has anyone ever been through something similar? Or knows how to stop missing out, or how to find oneself (as cliche as this sounds)? I don't even know what I WANT to be doing, but it sure as shit isn't this: being a friendless, loveless loser studying for exams and passing time with anime/games/4chan.
>>
The best advice I can give you is to find people with likeminded interests, and join clubs at college. Another thing that helps with being horrible at conversational skills is watching sitcoms or reality TV shows. It sounds weird, but by watching those, you'll subconsciously pick up on conversational cues and phrases that people normally say will also become very natural for you as well. As for girls, I would say if you don't have physical attractiveness on your side, do everything you can and then play up your personality card. Go to the gym, scrub your face, dress nicer and try to make earnest connections with people. While many girls are vain and picky and will only take guys at face value, there is a population of attractive girls who genuinely don't care how attractive people are (as long as they aren't total slobs). Best of luck to you lad
>>
>>18707265
>no friends.
>"feel no anxiety talking to people, but conversations go into awkward territory very fast, can feel the other person getting uninterested and/or weirded out"
>"can only have actual conversations with hardcore nerds with similar interests or recluses with similar world views"
>same.jpeg

I don't say this to stroke my ego but I am good looking, I know because random women tell me this and I do a bit of modelling here and there, but I don't take selfies and get uncomfortable being complimented on looks alone and don't plaster my self on social media. But regardless I have no sex life, there are plenty of opportunities, I just find random lust based sex gross. Got out of three year relationship a year ago, jaded toward the very concept of women, women I do find attractive who I talk to quite quickly deter me because of how painfully platitudinous and emotive they are. I was studying an arts degree but then reality hit me it was an arts degree so stopped doing it in order to peruse something with more tangible options at the end. But what exactly that thing is I am stuck on whilst feeling incredibly volatile and neglectful towards convention. I don't know what to do or what I am doing and feel like it is all pointless as I have lost most enjoyment.
>>
>>18707265
Good luck anon, I had to go to a mental ward to get a friend. But when I did I felt such a huge relief holy shit the feeling of human warmth is amazing.

Also got on prozac.

Good luck anon please don't get too sad.
In the end it's just a binary choice of living the life you want or dying because of this huge burden
>>
>>18707265
it's your responsibility to get the things you want in life, not to just do what you're told and sit idly by wondering why one of the beautiful women you stare at doesn't come pursing you
>>
>>18707310
Thing is, my interests right now are basically math/physics/engineering related stuff, and the people interested in that all fall in the socially-awkward beta nerd bucket.

Of course striking conversation with people who share the same interests is easy, but I see people having conversations with other people just fine even though they never met each other and don't share a lot of interests. I'd like to be able to talk with other "normies" so to speak, not only to beta nerds since they don't lead the life I'd like to lead (they're all fucked up in the head and depressed, same as me, and hanging around with negative people will only do more harm to me).
>>
>>18707344
I get that, as I said I broke out of the illusion that sitting idly will solve anything. However, I'm looking for advice, since I don't know what I want or should do.

I was thinking of dropping out to figure myself out but I was dissuaded by everyone: parents, teachers, my old school's principal (he's very fond of me), my ex-therapist, acquaintances, random people on the internet. Not a SINGLE person supported me, they said I'd be making a huge mistake and that millions of people would like to be at my current university studying engy but can't.
>>
>>18707396
How far are you in your degree?
>>
>>18707417
4th semester (just ending my 2nd year).
>>
File: 1498696734917.jpg (305KB, 726x733px) Image search: [Google]
1498696734917.jpg
305KB, 726x733px
>>18707265
>First friend in preschool abandoned me for cooler kids
>Teacher makes my parents take me to school psychologist because I never talked, they thought I had selective mutism

>Made a couple friends in first grade
>They stopped liking me
>Made some more friends in third grade, kept them for a while, was kind of athletic so was friends with sporty people in gym class
>No friends by fifth grade except this fat guy who bullied me

>Move to middle school, "Things will get better now, I can get a fresh start!"
>No friends
>Tell some people about this game Runescape I was obsessed with
>Get bullied for 4 years over it and develop severe social anxiety, basically never talk to anyone anymore

>Go to high school, "Things will get better now, I can get a fresh start!"
>Doesn't happen, this realization sets in after just the first day
>Not really bullied anymore but just kind of nobody
>Nobody has any interest talking to me because my severe social anxiety prevents me from talking about myself our of fear of being bullied
>Become "That kid who never talks"
>Have a lunch table I sit at with "friends" but I never really talk to them
>High school graduation, kind of wander around, a few of my table people see me but don't say goodbye or anything, everyone else is greeting each other. Just kind of go home without saying a word to anyone. Oh well...

>College, "Things will get better now, I can get a fresh start!"
>They don't
>Meet a girl online, fall in love
>She starts being demanding
>I'm never good enough in bed, never talk loud enough, never do so and so enough
>Starts emotionally abusing me and even hitting me when we meet
>Threatens to cheat, says of course she's going to have sex with other guys and I should have known

[1/2]
>>
File: 1484025394421.jpg (26KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1484025394421.jpg
26KB, 500x335px
>>18707431
>Start working full time at great software engineering job at a good company making tons of money, "Things will get better now, I can finally be self sufficient and proud of myself and stuff"
>Finally accomplishing my goals
>She starts abusing me emotionally more by threats of cheating and extreme gaslighting and making excuses for herself
>Drives me to feel suicidal, go to see therapist
>She leaves me, talks to her ex boyfriend again, laughs at me with him about seeing therapist and says I have no problems and just can't handle life
>Leaves me for good

>Back to reality again

It will never get better anon, we are a different breed. Devote your life to your autistic interests and forget everything else. That is what I will do. I give up. Love isn't real, friendships don't last, fuck it all.
>>
File: why.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>18707265
all I can say is it's different after college

I mean you pretty much described my life except ME and I didn't dip into 5/10 cannot bang chicks until after a bad accident turned me into a fatty. I wasn't exactly banging any stacys before that but I wasn't exactly desperate either.

I did manage eventually to snag a 9/10 wife, but there were some desperate times with 6/10 moms, 5/10 fatties, and one chick who literally had bleeding fucking gums and didn't make it past the appetizer at steak and shake. I felt exactly like you until my wife.

Either look into MGTOW (you don't have to drink the koolaid to benefit from some of their views) or friendzone the 5/10 chicks until a real opportunity comes along. Third I guess just swipe right on everything on tinder until somehing vaguely humanoid swipes back.

No matter what forcing it isn't going to help. You either need lots of time or lots of volume. Tinder wasn't available in my day so I had to go with time. Looking back I would exclusively date divorced chicks with no kids. They've fucked up once, are aware of what they really want and you can usually bat out of your league since they are damaged.

Good luck, and stick with EE. The world needs some engineers who actually understand the shit they are supposed to be learning.
>>
>>18707442
Relatable, but I don't want to jump ship just yet. I can't devote all my time to my autistic interests anymore, it's just not how I want to live my life. I know some people who did/do that and they're all miserable and even more fucked up inside than me, whatever happens I don't want to end up like that.
>>
File: Comfy.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
>>18707431
That reminds me of one story

>4th grade
>friends come up with a vote to decide who's out of the group because it's getting too big
>vote from person to person
>nobody raises their hands
>then they get to me
>just did it to show me they don't want me around
>one of them complains years later why don't we hangout anymore
>message him after
>"lol. Don't talk to me"

Man, I can't wait til the liquor store's open
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.