[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any map nerds want to give me a hand? I'm an aspiring author

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: helptheyreforcingmetodrawmaps.png (167KB, 3170x1850px) Image search: [Google]
helptheyreforcingmetodrawmaps.png
167KB, 3170x1850px
Any map nerds want to give me a hand? I'm an aspiring author wondering if there's anything massively wrong with my map.
>>
There's no mountains, it's all flat land.
>>
It's all green grass.
>>
>>18707126
>>18707129
Just the shape, friends. The terraforming of the land itself is another matter.
>>
>>18707112
The islands look like inconsistent blobs. Maybe you could try drawing one shape and then taking it apart bit by bit to make the islands. Or maybe you could forget about the islands altogether and make the whole thing a peninsula instead (maybe with a few small islands on the side). I feel like there needs to be more peninsula fantasy world maps.
>>
>>18707151
Island thing's definitely noted. Anything else?
>>
>>18707168
Maybe make the land more jagged. It looks too unnaturally smooth. Try jittering on your hand around while drawing and it'll probably look better.
>>
>>18707112
What is that map supposed to be?
Is that a world map or just an archipelago?
If you said to me that this map was from a real world location I think it might be something like sandbanks or underwater sand shoals in a lake or shallow ocean area for ships to avoid.

Lots of problems with it obviously, most notably real world features aren't round.
I suggest looking up some youtube videos with "fantasy map" or "fantasy map tutorial" to get better at it
>>
File: 1469747758832.jpg (2KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1469747758832.jpg
2KB, 122x125px
>>18707112
Hey, another fantasy author. What's your novel about, that would certainly influence my opinion.

If it's not a story or series of stories that mainly take place at sea I see no reason why your whole world is the god damn Mediterranean

Also, get back to writing faggot
>>
>>18707112
the bottom left looks like a rabbit vibrator.
>>
very phallic
>>
>>18707112
Looks like it has been painted on a grid.
>>
If you need advice on worldbuilding just go to /tg/
>>
you need less contrast
>>
>>18707141
You followed the shape of the paper and made all of your continents adhere to the square shaped boundaries of the paper
>>
>>18707168
No continental consistency, if your world has tectonic plates. Assuming this world of yours has tectonic boundaries, it would make sense for some of the landmasses to look like they could fit together like africa with south americe, etc.
>>
File: isle.png (131KB, 1004x490px) Image search: [Google]
isle.png
131KB, 1004x490px
Since we've got a map thread going, can anyone give me advice on this map I'm making for a campaign? It's still a work in progress
>>
>>18707112
I like it except for the weird bay in the upper left

>>18710558

I think the continents look too similar, makes it boring.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.