[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought for a long time that what I wanted in life was to achieve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1504883332210.gif (1020KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1504883332210.gif
1020KB, 500x373px
I thought for a long time that what I wanted in life was to achieve something very high in this field and to never give up. I did just that and I stopped hanging out with people and ended up focusing on studying and learning either at work or at home. Eventually things went south and I was being promoted and had to train other people and teach them my skills, that's kind of where I learned that other people who work with me don't really know shit and they don't put in the amount of effort as me. I stopped studying since I was always alone and always studying or working on something from work, I completely gave up on studying for certifications 3 months ago and have spent every day playing video games. Truth be told, I have no friends and this work/life is really painful on the mind since you can be really good at what you do and one day you figure out that other people actually socialize outside of work and you're the guy who never gets invited anywhere.

These days, I want to start studying again and end up getting promoted in the next few months, but for what reason? To climb the ladder again, and to make more mney?

For what reason? I'm single and alone, the other guys are married and spend their time working or sitting at home with their wife

I have nothing anymore, except this career and I used to be so busy and happy I didn't care about being alone. But now, I can only see myself being alone and miserable at this job forever
>>
>>18703107
Dear Anon
Shitty situation yes.
Suggest going out doing shit.

Example:
go to videogame meet ups,
go to a bar and flirt or talk with random anons and anonettes,
start creating music with your 50$ guitar you just bought,
Work out,
Learn to skateboard for fun...

Anything you feel passionate about or want to try out. There is no point in money if you don't get to have fun with it
>>
>>18703107
Either find a new career or just stop giving 100% of your life to your work. There is no reason whatsoever that you can't go out and socialize on your free time now.

>>18703189
In my experience fat people give the best hugs
>>
>>18703107
Well. You are the example I would like to bring up to a close friend, if she didn't lose me recently due to exactly this reason.

Follow the advice of the above anon, as long as making money doesn't keep you too busy from doing it.

That aside, if you really want to give a punch to your life, join a humanitary mission.
MSF ones take 9-12 months on average, if you can convince your boss to keep your job despite this, it should be a great way to learn life.
You are put in a completely new situation with completely different goals and means.
Shit's radical yo.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.