[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bf and I just started living together >find out he keeps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: ruger-Redhawk-357.jpg (69KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ruger-Redhawk-357.jpg
69KB, 600x400px
>bf and I just started living together
>find out he keeps a gun in his nightstand
>this makes me really uncomfortable
>he says it's to protect me but we live in a safe area and he'd probably shoot me on accident than anything else
>he refuses to get rid of it

What do I do? It looks like this except different colors
>>
>>18703079
Stop being a obsessive cunt. Guns are a must in America. I live in a great well to do community but that doesn't stop a nig nog from kicking in my door. But my 45 with a extendo does.
>>
Shoot yourself in the pussy
>>
It's very unlikely that he will shoot you by accident. And when a couple guys come thru your affluent house looking for a quick buck, you'll be glad it's there.
>>
Every body experiences a home invasion at some point
>>
>>18703083
>>18703089
We lock our doors, there are other apartments right next to us, why would they pick us?

>>18703090
I don't know anyone who ever has
>>
You should split up and let him find someone better than you.
>>
>>18703079
No reason not to have it if you can. Its just a safety thing and if you don't like it then leave him and let him find someone better.
>>
If it makes you uncomfortable, ask him to teach you how to use it. Because in all honesty, you are WAAAAY more likely to accidentally shoot him
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Vernon_Murder

Here is a home invasion that happened near me. I knew two of the people involved in this murder personally.

The house was randomly picked, the security was tampered with for some time before the actual invasion. There's no telling if a gun and proper handling would've saved this woman and her young daughter, but it certainly could have.

Defense is a personal responsibility, and a gun is your last line of defense.
>>
>>18703079

>>18703079
Where do you live, OP?

I live in a country with strict-ish gun laws and no gun culture. The country is small and not chaotic. There is no need to have guns. I don't want a gun.

However, If I lived in the US, I think I certainly would get one. Even if I lived in an affluent area. I feel there are just a lot more crazy people in the US, and the potential for craziness increases exponentially with the increase in the number of crazies.
>>
Just move back out.
>>
>>18703100
>why would they pick us?
oh lord

you really think that?
>>
>>18703079
>>18703100
I really don't understand this "nothing bad will ever happen to ME" mindset. Stuff like this happens all the time, it could be you just as easily as anyone else.

If he's reckless with the gun, that's a problem. If he just keeps it stashed away "just in case," then it's a safety measure that you'll be very glad to have if you ever actually need it.

You'll probably never have to deal with a break-in. But that's what everyone thinks right until someone breaks in.
>>
>>18703079
I think it's probably more likely that one of you will be shot by that gun than that you'll ever be in the situation where you need it to defend yourself.
>>
File: STY_X075.jpg (5KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
STY_X075.jpg
5KB, 275x275px
>>18703079
buy a lock box, put the gun inside, put the box under the bed.
>>
>>18703231
What's the point of having it for self-defense if you can't get to it quickly? Gun safe makes sense if you've got kids in the house, but 2 adults should be able to avoid shooting themselves in the face
>>
>>18703079
Guns don't come to life and shoot you autonomously.
>>
>>18703100
>We lock our doors
So? Why would burglars give a shit?

"Oh fuck, there's a lock. Pack up boys, this one's a bust!"
>there are other apartments right next to us
You do know neighbors almost never report crime, right? There was a case where neighbors WITNESSED a woman being raped, then murdered, but they didn't call the cops. You can't rely on your neighbors. This isn't an isolated incident either, there are tons of cases where a crime was being commited openly (like a woman being stabbed dozens of times on the sidewalk) but no one did shit because it's not their problem.
>why would they pick us?
because you just look so robbable? I dunno, sometimes people just pick random people.

Just do put your prejudices away before your boyfriend is lying dead next to you while Jerome and Levante are taking turns raping you. Guns, in the proper hands, are powerful tools for protection. Don't be an idiot or a victim.
>>
>>18703216
>I think
Good thing your opinion doesn't matter when there are statistics that say otherwise:

Burglary: 67.5 per 100,000 inhabitants in 2015 [1]
Unintentional death by shootings: 0.15 per 100,000 inhabitants in 2015 [2]

i.e you are 450 times more likely to be burglarized than accidentally shot.

[1] https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2015-crime-statistics
[2] https://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/dataRestriction_inj.html

OP, you have an irrational fear. Ask him to take you shooting and get comfortable with guns. They're not evil.
>>
>>18703236
>if you can't get to it quickly?
I own that exact same box. To open you enter the 4 digit code. It takes literally 1 second to open. As an added benefit, if your house is broken into while youre gone, your gun is less likely to get stolen if its in the box.
>>
>>18703252
I bet you're the same guy who CC's without one in the chamber because it's """safer""" that way. When you need the gun, you need it NOW. Fumbling with a safe or cocking your weapon is wasted time that will get you killed.
>>
Honesty, you don't even need the justification of home defense to have a gun. I own multiple firearms and I don't expect my home to ever get broken into. That's not the point of owning guns.
Stop fearing guns, it's pitiful and weak.
>>
>>18703261
>this guy

your mentality is why more people die in America from gun accidents in the home than from all other gun causes combined.
>>
>>18703251
Those statistics don't disprove what I said as it restricts it to unintentional deaths and not just injury by a firearm. And I said "get shot" and not "be killed."

Dunno if you're intentionally being deceitful by posting that or if it was an honest mistake.
>>
>>18703267
>Unintentional Firearm Gunshot Nonfatal Injuries and Rates per 100,000 in 2015: 5.39 [1]

[1] https://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/nfirates.html

Happy now, cunt? Your opinion is still incorrect. I chose deaths because that's what the fear is.

>>18703265
Please cite your sources.
>>
id rather have it there than be caught without it. plus it can be a fun hobby on the side to go to the shooting range and hit some targets. i bet your boyfriend would appreciate it a lot if you got an interest in that.

>>18703231
so you're gonna tell an intruder "hold on i just need to put in this code wait right here"
>>
>>18703280
Don't see why I'm a cunt for pointing out you didn't address what I said.

You shouldn't have quoted me if you were going to reply with something irrelevant.
>>
>>18703112
Why would I? I would never touch it

>>18703185
I live in the US

>>18703216
That's what I'm afraid of

>>18703263
Then why even have them?
>>
>>18703286
Unfortunately I don't have a larger sample size than your few posts to show you why you're a cunt.
>>
>>18703295
So you're just spouting shit with no evidence to back it up then?

Kind of hypocritcal huh?
>>
>>18703292
How or why would he accidentally shoot you? Have you ever seen him take the gun out, point it at anyone, etc? If he's responsible and the gun just sits in the nightstand, I really don't understand what you're afraid of. But if he's a wannabe tough-guy and he's always waving the gun around, then yeah, you should leave

A gun is just a tool, whether or not it's dangerous depends on the person holding it
>>
This thread is dumb as fuck.

Everyone needs a gun. Everyone should put that gun a place that is comfortable for them. For some people, that's in a safe. For others that's in a night stand.

The only reason that anyone would EVER get "accidentally" shot by a gun, is if someone is fucking around with it. Period.

If you have children, thoroughly explain that if they mess around with the night stand, they will die. If your kid is too disobedient or stupid to understand, then you're just thinning the herd, anyway.

What is hard to understand about this?
>>
i find it kind of funny the same people insisting you can't assume you won't ever get burgled are also arguing that accidents won't ever happen in the same breath
>>
Hi Geff
>>
>>18703100
>We lock our doors
please don't tell me that you actually think that this will stop a burglar
>>
>>18703308
Accidents can always happen, but they USUALLY happen to stupid or irresponsible people. A burglary can happen to anyone. I can trust myself to keep a gun on "safety" and avoid playing around with it like a child with a toy. Maybe you can't say the same for yourself, in which case you're right, gun ownership is not a good idea for you. Some people shouldn't have one.
>>
>>18703299
There's certainly a basis for it and there certainly is evidence. Just not enough data to objectively label you as one. I suppose I could deploy a neural network and train it to recognize "cunty" posting behavior and couple it with your previous and continued posting and see what the r^2 value is. I think that's counter productive because we can just acknowledge its my opinion that you're a cunt and it's fact that you were wrong.

>>18703308
I don't think anyone says that. It's just a lot more likely that you'll be burglarized. You also have a lot more control of the variables to prevent yourself from accidentally getting shot than getting burglarized.
>>
>>18703319
>There's certainly a basis for it and there certainly is evidence.
There isn't or you would have presented it.
It was just an emotional outburst in response to being contradicted and I was actually quite civil in my response when I mentioned you may have just been mistaken about what I said specifically to avoid coming across as confrontational because while it was an opinion I held, wasn't one I held very strongly and actually have no problem accept statistical data that refutes it.
>I suppose I could deploy a neural network and train it to recognize "cunty" posting behavior
Yes you can train a neural network to tell you whatever you teach it. If you take my posts and label them as "cunt" a computer will tell you I'm a cunt. That's the best you can come up with? Maybe you could have the computer ask if your feefees were hurt and then label posts as "cunty" based on that?
>>
>>18703333
Nice quads, but it's really stupid to respond so seriously when he's obviously taking the piss. Inability to recognize humor is a defining trait of cuntiness, so I'm afraid you've accidentally proven his point for him
>>
>>18703337
>it's really stupid to respond so seriously
I expected this.

My post wasn't any more or less serious than the one I was replying to so I guess that makes him the cunt if that's your metric for determining such things.
>>
I'm a very good driver. No moving violations, no nothing. Been driving for many many years.

One day, just like every other day, I was waiting at a red light, and a guy came around the corner going very fast and obliterated my car. I was stuck in there, bleeding and confused, until the EMTs arrived, the back end of my car had been so compacted, my front doors were jammed shut. It ruined my firefighting career.

Thank God I was wearing my seatbelt. Everyone is fine until they aren't
>>
>when (((they))) brainwash Americans into thinking have guns is bad

Yes goy, you don't need to protect yourself, with the noseberg 1000 security lock there's absolutely no way Tyrone and his friends can break in and rape you!
>>
>>18703079
Sounds like a clear "kill or be killed situation"....well good luck.
>>
OP clearly doesn't want advice and just wants validation

And I'd thought it be evident after 3 gorillion replies
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.