[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be man >be derpessed >family and friends tell me to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>be man
>be derpessed
>family and friends tell me to man up
>tv tells me its my own fault
>there is no institutional help so they are basically teling me i dont matter
>non profits tell me its because im a man and i should become a woman
>psychatrist tell me to take drugs
>drugs dont work
>they tell me to take more drugs
>psychologist tell me to spend some time outside and keep repeating meaningless words to myself
>help websites tell me there are 7 signs of suicidal people
>i match every one of them
>wikipedia tells me male suicide is just a normal thing nowdays and im likely to end up doing it
>im probably am
>im completely out of options
>maybe im just suppossed to go away, maybe i was a mistake and i shouldnt have happenned in the first place
>everyone has always treated me like a mistake, everything ,akes me feel like i am a mistake, who needs me around nyways? nobody does, i may aswell be dead already
>>
>be boy
ftfy

You need to increase your testosteron, mate. Serious.
>>
start working out and eating fruit and veggies youll feel good after and maybe become /fit/ along the wat
>>
>>18702899
>>18702901

>adv tells me im just a boy and i need to work out
>>
is the depression caused by the circumstances in your life or by your own biochemistry?
Circumstances...people who low status feel depressed. you can then work to change those things
if biochemistry, then you can try to take supplements. for example, magnesium, zince and omega 3 help depression
>>
File: 1504285111391.jpg (50KB, 482x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504285111391.jpg
50KB, 482x720px
>>18702903
Yes.
>>
>>18702917
>is the depression caused by the circumstances in your life or by your own biochemistry?
i dont know, both have always been shit
>>
>>18702919

So your life is shit. Why? You told us how everything went wrong, but not "why". Wh are you depressed in the first place?
>>
>>18702923
i dont understand the question
there is no start to it, its the way things have lways been
u have always been alone, everyone rejecyed me always, everyone always wanted me to go away, everyone always told me i was useless, everyone always told me everything bad was my fault
>>
>>18702927

Who is "everyone"? Family? Parents? Siblings? "Friends"? What happened? What brings you down everyday? What can you do to change it?
>>
>>18702939
everyone that has ever interacted with me in any meaningful way
>>
>>18702939
>What can you do to change it?
i already changed it
since nobody wants me around and there is no place for me the only thing that makes sense is to become reclusive
nobody bothers me anymore
>>
>>18702940

And who are they? Do you still live with your family? Are you trying to make new friends? How oftrn do you break routine and meet new people?
>>
>>18702946
>makes sense is to become reclusive

Or you can keeo looking for people that are not such big assholes.
>>
>>18702952
>Or you can keeo looking for people that are not such big assholes.
everyone is an asshole, i learned my lesson
>>18702948
no
>>
>>18702956

That's simply not true. I'm sorry peoole kept hurting you, but you have to be able to see people can be nice to each other, too.

You had bad luck and you only had assholes in your life for a long while. That's not your fault. But you can't blame everyone else, too. That's just putting a stop to any chance you might have to actually meet a decent person.
>>
>>18702962
>but you have to be able to see people can be nice to each other, too.
sure, they are nice when they want something
>>
>>18702970

Are you only nice when you want something?
>>
>everyone in the world is a big meanie
>sure some people are nice, but they're just trying to manipulate me!!!
>everyone exists solely to be an instrument of my misery
>also it's somehow because i'm a man idrk
>i have nothing to do with my own problems

the problem is that you're a dumb teenager
>>
>>18702976
im not nice
>>
>>18702982
>everyone exists solely to be an instrument of my misery
i dont know what world you live in but here on earth there is plenty of miserable people
>>
I'd miss you if you were gone, for one.

I'm struggling with depression too OP, and to be frank I don't know if there's any light at the end of the tunnel, even having made some improvements as of recently. I don't know if anything I could say would really be of any help, but I suppose the only thing I can think of is to say that you're not alone in grappling with it.
>>
>>18702989

Why not?
>>
>>18703000
i dont want anything from other people
>>
>>18702995
thank you anonymous poster on 4chan, i couldnt picture my lif without you
>>
>>18703024

You could be nice just because.
>>
>>18703033
easiest and fasstest way to get taken advantage of
i would rather be an asshole even if it means being alone
nnobody will ever abuse me or take advantage of me again
>>
>>18703038

Being nice is not the same as being dumb. Even nice people defend themselves.
>>
>>18703044
what does it mean to be nice? its always up to other people to decide if you are nice or not because if everyone thinks you are not nice then you are not nice
maybe being nice is letting everyone walk over you right now, havent you heard that nice guys finish last? there is no better and fastest way to lose right now than to be nice as a goal
>>
>>18703067

What's being nice to you? Is insulting people nice? Or rather encouraging them?
>>
>>18702990
that's absolutely true, but they aren't specifically targeting OP and plenty of people are perfectly nice without having ulterior motives.
>>
>>18702898
Don't worry you're not a mistake.

and your gender won't change the problems you have (if female people will hug you more but will expect less freedom from you)
>>
Fuck other people, fuck the drugs, fuck the psychiatrists, fuck TV fuck and fuck manning up.

What makes you happy OP? And don't tell me "nothing", because you know that's not true.
What do you do for fun? What things happen in your life that you enjoy?

Please answer truthfully, and we can work from there.
>>
>>18703510
>Please answer truthfully
i like compliments
i like when i do something really well, when its something hard that i manage to do and someone notices it
I feel like im actually strong and capable when thaat happens, like i can actually do something good
it has to be real and i have to deserve it tho
>>
>>18703529
Then, you should try just doing little things for people. Hold the door, compliment someone's outfit if you think it looks nice, offer to help a friend out with something or hell, even a stranger if it looks like you can help them.
Do little things for yourself too. Cook your own meals, look up recipes and make them. Even if it doesn't turn out well, you still have a snack!
Try new things. Things are always hard at first, and you'll feel bad about yourself when you mess up, but failure is a part of life. You can learn from it and then, once you've spent time and learned from your experiences, you can look back and see how far you've come.

You just gotta keep doing it. The hardest part is keeping at it. You can do it though man. I pulled myself out of a similar situation before, so if I can, you can.

And if you feel like noone's rooting for you, I am. You can do it! I mean it.
>>
>>18703559
>Then, you should try just doing little things for people. Hold the door, compliment someone's outfit if you think it looks nice
i said something hard and compliments i deserve
if its over something stupid then its worthlesss
>>
>>18703565
Why is it stupid?
A compliment can make someone's day better.
These little things aren't worthless at all, and can lead to better interactions.
You have to take small steps forward before you can make a jump anon.

These little things can teach you how people react to things like that. You can read them and their body language better, then transfer those experiences to more important social altercations later on.

Are these small things really that worthless?
I think that adding to someone else's day is a nice thing to do.
>>
>>18703583
its worthless
i already cook all my meals, they are better than the shiit you get served at a restaurant
yes they are worthless, anyone can open a door
courtesy is a tradeoff, you do it so someone else does it, its convinient
>>
>>18703651
Man, your mindset is not in the right place at all.
Like, none of these things you think are even somewhat realistic.
Anyone can open a door, but not everyone does. It's the little things that really matter. The big things will come, but it's through the little things that the big things come from.

But you'll never know if you never do the little things, right? You can't tell the future man.

Anyways, you'll continue being negative if you expect grand things to happen all the time. Become good at things. Be the one that starts the grand things, because noone will do it for you. It's up to you to figure out how.
>>
>>18703669
>It's the little things that really matter
Little things get taken for granted
look at all the people that have taken for granted the safety of democracy and now go around commiing violence in the streets, it doesnt matter to them because they dont know what life is like without it so they want it to go away
i do those little things, because i want people to do them for me, im not nice while i do it, i think very little of it
>>
>>18702903

>adv telling me im just a boy

yep

>and that in order to be happy I need to give my body the nutrients and exercise it was biologically programmed to need

ftfy.

anyone who doesn't realize that we are animals and animals need specific nutrition and exercise in order to be happy deserves whatever 'depression' comes their way.
>>
>>18702898

>one tv show had a character where the depression was their own fault

so?

>there is no institutional help

yes there is.

>dont need it anyways though cuz i can afford to see a psychiatrist

then why would you need to be institutionalized?

>drugs dont work

which means its not a problem with your brain's natural chemistry.

>im completely out of options
>Except for heating healthy but i refuse to do that

why tho
>>
>>18702898
show in ops pic?? im having weird vague memories of it
>>
>>18703844

home movies. it was an adult swim series, one of their earliest ones when they first launched, about a kid trying to make movies with his friends.
>>
>>18703801
If all you want is personal gain, then just take what you want man.
I don't care if things get taken for granted, I still do it anyways, because I like to think that by doing that, I can make the world just a bit better. Good deeds can spread my friend.

Anyways, if all you have to say is negative things, I'm sure there are plenty of anons to banter with, but I'm not gonna sit around this thread waiting for you to post another pity party response. Take a good long look at yourself and why you're unhappy and what is making you unhappy. Once you do that, even if you think it's pointless, try and come up with a way to make things work for you. If you can't, then you'll never overcome this.

Good luck kid. You got a lot of growing to do
>>
>>18703873
yes great thanks anon!
>>
>>18703879
if you give me handy i will spread a lot of joy ;)
>>
>>18703879
i just want to feel strong
i spent my entire life hiding because everyone hated me and told me i was good for nothing
im afraid of my own fucking shadow because every time i try something i just end up proving them right
im not getting any younger,and the more time passes the more i feel like i have to make up for
and its fucking unfair because i didnt deserve this
but i dont expect you to understand that, you coffee sipping phone texting college aged no brain lets talk about your problems, talking solves anything low testosterone beta
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.