[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm afraid of fucking everything. Especially of being away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (5KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 280x180px
I'm afraid of fucking everything. Especially of being away from family. I can't live like this. How do I stop being scared of everything?
>>
>>18702800

Do things by yourself and see it's not so bad.
>>
>>18702804
Started doing that a week ago. It's KINDA better? But I still feel the constant need to run.
>>
>>18702800
do the things you're terrified of and realize there's no reason to be. or, you could continue to shelter yourself and be afraid forever
>>
You shouldn't fuck your family.
>>
>>18702829
Why do you feel like running?
>>
>>18702804
This.
>>
I've got a problem like yours, anon. I'm afraid not necessarily to get a job or try new things, but to leave the safety my family provides me. Not incredibly young, but at 22 I should have started slowly building independence long ago. For me it stems from confidence problems. I just don't think I have it in me to do what billions of people are doing right now. I don't know why I think I'm somehow stupider or worse than they do but I do.

What it boils down to is just easing yourself into things. If you don't cook, cook for yourself. If you don't do your own laundry, do it yourself. Take the small things that others do for you into your own hands, work your way up slowly, and then worry about tackling larger issues like moving out, finding your own place, paying rent/mortgage, etc. Small steps.
>>
>>18702804
This
>>18702829
Keep doing it. Keep doing things you're terrified, and push constantly. I was a hikkimori for 5 years, terrified of people, kept pushing, and now I do public speaking and lectures.
>>
>>18703498
>guys I'm afraid to do X
>do X

That's not very insightful. First he has to realize why he's afraid and tackle things. Then he can think about doing what he's afraid of.
>>
>>18703503
I get all my emotional support from my family. When I'm alone I get scared. When I'm alone I think, and I think nothing but negative things. When I'm alone, or doing errands in public with shitty people I don't know, I feel like a scared animal.

I have to fight myself to eat because I have this "fight or flight" feeling I can't seem to get rid of that makes eating hard. I have to fight to make myself do anything. It's better when I'm at school and I'm too busy to think, but I get to my apartment and just freeze with fear.
>>
>>18703713
>>18703498
>>18702804
Don't think I made it clear, but I'm already moved out. I'm going to grad school, paying for everything with loans.

I came home this weekend to visit and the first day my mom choked on some food, we had trouble getting it out. It was taking so long we had to call 911 until she finally puked it out. So now I'm gonna be worrying she'll die without me. Great
>>
>>18703713
I'm 22 too. Not really afraid of working a shitty job either. I've done it before, they suck balls but it doesn't make me panic to have to go. I just have been really close to my family. I could honestly tell them anything and it feels like no one else would ever really take care of me if I needed it unless I paid them.
>>
File: 1439002715785.png (346KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439002715785.png
346KB, 439x500px
>>18704014
I've got the same feeling as you. Except I live with my parents still which is simultaneously helps and hurts.
>>
>>18703713
Exactly my problem right now anon except I'm 21 and finished college 5 months ago. Should get a job yet feel scared to leave the safety net my family provides me, yet at the same time, I know that this situation should not continue like this.
I don't want to become a parasite leeching off my family. It makes me feel worthless as a person as I feel that I take advantage of my parents kindness and I feel that they are wasting their resources to me, who's not contributing something to them. There are times that I feel that they should just throw me away since I'm just wasting their resources on me.
>>
File: zQbpw.gif (999KB, 266x173px) Image search: [Google]
zQbpw.gif
999KB, 266x173px
>>18702800
Either you develop confidence or you desensitize from what makes you anxious.
Both takes routine and practice. Confidence building includes things like exercise, maybe self-defense, socializing, learning new things. Desensitization is coming into contact with what you're afraid of, little by little.
Your comfort zone seems to be your family, your past circumstances. Create a new comfort zone, new routine then get out of that comfort zone incrementally so you don't stagnate and withdraw. If you smoke weed stop. If you drink soda, don't. Limit the amount of sugar intake because it's a stress inducer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.