[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I approach people? There's getting out of the house,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

How do I approach people?
There's getting out of the house, yeah sure. But that's the first part.
How do I actually start a conversation with random people? Not even romantically speaking, just making friends. Explain to me like I'm an adult man who hasn't properly socialized for 15 years.
>>
I, too, would like to know this.
>>
Join a gym or find a hobby that requires you to socialize like playing basketball. I find it easier to adjust in conversation when playing sports because it forces you to interact with other people.
>>
>>18702378
If you stick with a gym. People who go regularly will recognize you more and might even throw a compliment. You're easily respected in that environment if you go from fat or skinny to muscle. Win/win in my book.
>>
>>18702069
Smile and say Hello. Make a comment about the weather. Say something about their car/necklace/shirt if you can relate.
Just talk. The more you shut yourself out of the world the harder it is for you to be more social.

If you go to the store. Speak to the the cashier. Ask salespeople about products.

If you have a job, engage in small talk. "I see Alice is wearing dark glasses again. I wonder if her Husband hit the shit out of her."

Nobody likes the quite serious guy who is trying to act all mysterious. Be open, be charming, be true to yourself and your interests. Eventually you find people who share your views and who engage with you about various topics. These people you call your friends.

Some of these friends will give you signs of wanting a bit more than just conversation. These people you fuck and call your GF/BF.
>>
>>18702069
>How do I actually start a conversation with random people?

You don't. That's very hard for anybody.

You put yourself in situations where you're in the company of other people doing what you're doing, so you automatically have a common experience and connection to build on.

So don't look for friends. Look for activities. Join a club. Join a gym. Take a random class at a CC. Do volunteer work. Go to concerts. Go to shows. Join a tour group at a museum. Hang out at the comic book store.

You'll be among people doing the same thing. Make a comment. Introduce yourself. Chat.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.