[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Long distance relationship for a few years now >Gf is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1496785792991.png (233KB, 1024x580px) Image search: [Google]
1496785792991.png
233KB, 1024x580px
>Long distance relationship for a few years now
>Gf is a college student who has gotten pretty busy lately. Double major and multiple jobs.
>Between my job and her responsibilities our time together has dwindled to texts with hour(s) long gaps between messages and maybe two hours of talking at night at the expense of my sleep since I'm three hours ahead of her (the lack of sleep is taking a toll on me). Weekends are generally free for us.
>On top of all this she is trying to get more active and participate in extracurricular activities which will further limit our time together.
To her credit she does a decent job balancing most of this, though the amount of time we talk has been significantly reduced and from the looks of it she'll get even busier. Naturally I'm not too happy about the recent turn of events but how should I handle this situation? She stresses that she loves me and wants to stay together. But what's a relationship where we barely have time for one another? We're already at a disadvantage by being so far apart and only seeing each other every few months. Am I overreacting?
>>
>>18701897
>Gf is a college student who has gotten pretty busy lately

That's code for fucking around. This coming from a guy that did mechanical engineering. College is fucking easy.
>>
>>18701900
I'm not too worried about that. She has proven herself to be extremely faithful and is transparent about her business.
>>
>>18701903
Your feelings are valid, dude. You just have to think about whether or not it's worth it.

As someone who survived a long distance relationship with a girl through college (we went to schools states apart), only you know the answer to whether or not it was worth it. If you've got yourself a good girl that you can trust, keep her and hold on tight buddy.

A lot of anons on here are bitter and projecting their own desires and insecurities onto their partners, which is why you get guys like >>18701900 shitting up your thread.

Currently married to my doctor wife and we both make six figures. Life is good anon, if you stick it out and support each other.
>>
>>18701897
>texts with hour(s) long gaps between messages and maybe two hours of talking at night

that's actually a lot of communication, maybe too much actually. You do need to have a life, and so does she.
>>
>>18701897
Gan batte

Long distance is always hard no matter who you are, if your trust is well placed it is well worth it to stick it out.
>>
>>18701955
We do have lives. But in a LDR communication is the only thing you have for lengthy periods of time. What's left when that's gone?
>>
>>18701943
>As someone who survived a long distance relationship with a girl through college (we went to schools states apart)
How did you cope with the busyness and distance?
>>
>>18701897
Be accepting and supportive of her situation. Don't become another burden on her. It's another issue if the amount of time she can give you is enough for you. If you're considering breaking up or cheating because of it, then maybe you should let her know that you need more attention.

I'm also in an LDR; the question of "am I really in a relationship" comes up sometimes. The truth is, you're in it if you're in it. That has to do with you (and her) and your (and her) intention, not your circumstances.

My gf and I exchange messages once or twice a day usually, to give you some perspective. And a long phone call maybe once a week or so. Hour long gaps are nothing; I don't worry unless it's been a whole 24 hours (and she hasn't told me about plans where she might be out of contact).
>>
>>18702568
I'm happy for her recent successes. This is new for her and she is excited. I'm just kind of slighted and concerned about how it seems she is so casually putting me into increasingly smaller boxes. Isn't that how people drift apart?

I wouldn't cheat on her. However I feel that if the situation were reversed she would be much more demanding than I think I'm being right now.
>>
>>18701897
Talking way too much is what killed my LDR. We had too much free time and we talked all the time, every day. There was nothing left to say. So it was just "wyd?''. Then the random fights came. U say u dont have a lot of time but im just sharing my mistakes so u dont do them too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.