[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, I found myself in an awkward situation, would appreciate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: a6c28561c47548f468ed709fe5748bf7.jpg (110KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
a6c28561c47548f468ed709fe5748bf7.jpg
110KB, 1000x562px
Anons, I found myself in an awkward situation, would appreciate some help or opinions

>be me, some random anonette
>chat with interwebs friend, today's topic is my miserable life
>he is very nice and understanding
>during our conversation I realize that I act needy and clingy towards him
>I voice my observation
>he says it's alright, he doesn't mind it and I shouldn't change my ways when I need some support
>I truthfully say I do it out of convenience and that I have to rethink our relationship and readjust my behaviour so I'm not so clingy and needy
>he somewhat hastily finishes our conversation

Now things feel awkward and I feel guilty about being so honest about my feelings and openly admitting that I have to start to be less reliant on him. But it would be probably equally bad to start distancing myself from him without explaining why or giving him some heads-up. What do you think, was I in the right? Or should I feel bad and apologize for being so upfront?
>>
File: pet the bitch.gif (2MB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
pet the bitch.gif
2MB, 491x750px
>>18701055
I will now ENOURMOUSLY simplify your life femanon. Listen carefully:

Internet friends arent real. Dont feel bad about him and do whatever you want. Keep talking to him about whatever you need / want. If he didnt enjoy it, he would ghost you long before. You have nothing to apologize for.

Never EVER fall for long dinstance relationships aka LDR. No cuddling, no bf.

And lastly get your own qtie bf so you have somebody real to talk with and cuddle.

Have a nice day!
>>
>>18701077
I don't agree with you at all and that is because I have experienced successful ldr friendships and relationships. I know that people behind the screen are real people and that is why I don't want to hurt or offend them. I appreciate your advice but it's not constructive and doesn't help to solve my problem.
>>
>>18701055
Same situation with me kind of. Had this guy I was talking to. 40 years old. Talked to him for like 4 months and I was having a major crush on him. I told him something that I really regret. It was the truth but I guess that didnt matter to him. He stopped talking to me and yeah it was just done. If you're scared that your cute internet friend might ghost you or whatever, ask him right now. Ask him any question you have on your mind. I still have questions because I didnt ask.
>>
>>18701055
listen to this >>18701077
then leech off money from them
>>
>>18701055
I had a friend in uni who had a bad day and kinda was super vulnerable to me and afterwards felt super embarassed about it.

The truth is we rarely met up or did stuff but we kinda used each other as emotional vents when we struggled for a good 5 months of university.
We both agreed it wasn't really sustainable but we enjoyed having someone we could vent to that didn't have consequences.

I used her to critique my worries about my attempts finding a relationship, she helped me through the first few dates with my now girlfriend because I was suffering horribly from anxiety about it.
We don't talk as much now, she's moved in with a flatmate in a new city and we both are super busy.

At the same time I'm incredibly grateful for her being around at the time. I had a super hard year and just having one random person to be needy with helped a ton.
>>
>>18701439
I don't want their money
>>
>>18701055
You're supposed to emotionally reliant and to a lesser degree dependent on other people.
This talk of convenience however makes people feel used. Suddenly they question if you're as sincere and genuine as you previously seemed. If however you're worried that he will emotionally exploit you then you may need a new friend.
So, just give em some space without voicing your opinion.
>>
>>18701055
he was probably delusional and believing your "neediness and clinginess" were an indication you had romantic feelings for him and he got sad when you told him that wasn't the case.
>>
>>18702199
But isn't being upfront and honest about the reasons why it was convenient for me to be so clingy towards him indicative of me being sincere and genuine? I noticed that I'm using him, recognised that, apologised, and promised to fix my mistakes.

>>18702227
He isn't someone who naive or stupid enough to get this delusional or even develop feelings towards interwebs friends.
>>
>>18702374
>He isn't someone who naive or stupid enough to get this delusional or even develop feelings towards interwebs friends.

you got a better theory that explains the way he acted?
>>
>>18702379
I don't, which why I'm asking. There must be some other explanation. I mostly want to know if I should apologise for being so blunt.
>>
>>18702414
>There must be some other explanation
there isn't. he broke the internet people aren't real people rule.

>should I apologize for being so blunt?
no. he broke the internet people are not real people rule.
>>
>>18702417
Thank you for your opinion. I still think there is some other reason for his behaviour...
>>
>>18701055
Im sorry i think i understand your story correctly and it looks like literally nothing happened...
>>
>>18701113

And i disagree because im in a relationship with a woman (4 years. In person relationship) who built her entire social circle around online friends.

Theyre all fake. The worst part is, and its the hardest thing to make her understand, is they only ever tell.her shes wonderful and fantastic and she can complain anytime she wants and theyre always there for her and theyll tell her shes a poor soul and everythings going to be ok.

If you dont understand why this is a problem, firstly, i feel terrible for your life, second, ill explain. .

Her ego is fragile as fucking christ. We are in a relationship. In the past if i had a problem i talk about it with my gf and we work it out, there are apologies, and they or i try harder to be better. We arent perfect. Thats fine.

My gf now thoygh got so used to blocking "negative people" and always turning to her "best friends who never put her down" that when we have a real problem in the relationship, shes being selfish in some way, if i point it out, her tiny little fucking world falls apart at thr seems and she cries and screams out of absolute shock that she isnt as perfect as all her friends tell her, then she turns it on me and yells and calls me abusive and runs to her onlime friends and tells them and they agree.

Then she just goes ahead and keeps doing thst assholeish shit, but now she feels vad about it... So she self diagnoses with ptsd.
Go get real friends. Fucking seriously.
>>
>>18701077
Realest piece of advice on this board.
>>
>>18702483
Nothing serious happened, you are right. But now our interactions feel awkward and strained, which is why I'm asking you if you think apologizing would make things better.

>>18702494
I'm sorry your girlfriend is like that, but not every woman who has online friends is equally insecure and immature. Similarly, not every online relationship is fake and selfish. I have friends whom I met in real life, and friends whom I met online and then in real life, and friends whom I only met online. They all are equally real and important. I can assure you that I don't act like your girlfriend does and my online friends don't act like her online friends do.
>>
>>18701055
Gonna go out on a limb here and ask how you phrased that observation.

If I were in his shoes, I would take "out of convenience" as "you're only my friend because I have nobody else," which would also imply that if there were others you would drop your friendship with this person, and that's understandably upsetting to him. It might be a simple miscommunication error, and you're not going to solve this kind of problem by skirting around it every time it comes up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.