[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working my way out of depression. The only problem is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I'm working my way out of depression. The only problem is that a kind of nihilism lingers - Feeling like there's no point to anything, nothing to look forward to in the future, nothing will improve, what does it all matter, etc. How do I get out of that?
>>
File: anti suicide gf.png (11KB, 401x402px) Image search: [Google]
anti suicide gf.png
11KB, 401x402px
>>18700993
Psycholog + CBT.

Optimistic nihilism: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
>>
>>18700993
1.: Kill yourself
2.: Find meaning in the meaninglessness
3.: Don't think about it
>>
>>18700993
For me, I realized that meaning is created, Created by living things. The universe and inanimate objects are void of meaning they just exist. But the very existence of living things stem meaning through action and conscious thought. Every thing you do or think creates meaning. When you think to yourself the world is meaningless. That by its self is a meaning. Do not look for meaning in the universe because there is none. It does not need or want it because it is inanimate. Look for meaning in yourself because you are a creator of it. You are what you think. Your thoughts create meaning. We assign meaning to things in our day to day. That is were meaning exists. With that knowledge you can navigate life how you want. You decide your thoughts and emotional state and what things mean in your environment.
>>
>>18700993
Nihilism can be depressing, but it can also be freeing. Depressing nihilism is where nothing matters, life is pointless, we all just turn to dirt in the end and our actions don't matter. Freeing nihilism is we all die so might as well do shit you like. No point in trying to live your life the way other people tell you to, instead live your life in an enjoyable way that you personally feel is worthwhile. No point in listening to "you should" or "you shouldn't" because you won't get brownie points for listening to other people, you don't get a trophy for living your life a specific way.

Like I've decided I'm going to spend my life meeting animals. That's it, that's the basic thing I've got to achieve. Some people might think I'm retarded, and that's fine. And I'm never having kids, and some people might think that's selfish and stupid, and that's fine for them to think too! We'll all die and turn into dirt and none of what we did will matter, but I'm going to live my life the way I want to until I'm dead
>>
Own those feelings dude.

Nihilism isn't bad if you turn it into Absurdism.
Yeah, nothing means anything and everything we work to accomplish is meaningless in the grand scheme of the universe.

But who cares? You're here. You can do things that make you happy. Who gives a damn if it means anything? Just live your life the way you want to.
When you realize nothing has meaning, you can really start living. You're no longer bound by pretentious things like reputation or status. Because those things only matter if you want them to.
Nothing matters, which means that you get to control what matters in your life.
So keep on going man. I think you're taking steps in the right direction.
>>
>>18700993

the nihilist appeal is that if nothing matters then you bear no responsibility in what comes in life, right?

But if you're on the path out of the forest of depression, you've rejected that as a complete answer to your needs in some way.

Explore that line of thought for a bit
>>
>>18701130
>For me, I realized that meaning is created, Created by living things
this. since there is no point in living, you have to create your own and stick with it (or not...). say, simply enjoying life, helping other people, gaining knowledge, having fun, taking advantage of everyone else, etc.
>>
You're dreaming right now, so have fun - the dream will end soon and nothing you have worried about will matter.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.