[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't stand my job because there is so much dead time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: trajan.jpg (2MB, 1683x2420px) Image search: [Google]
trajan.jpg
2MB, 1683x2420px
I can't stand my job because there is so much dead time and my boss and my supervisor are old and motor mouths that never shut up, but it pays well and I'm unqualified for the job anyway and they took a chance on me

They are good people and aren't dicks, they mean well, but they are socially oblivious and absolutely love listening to themselves talk and love gossiping.

I get so pissed off because the conversations and dynamics are so obnoxious. Morning meetings that last over an hour with two people saying the same thing a different way.

80 percent of my day when I don't have busy work in front of me is just nodding my head and listening. Even if I don't look like I'm in a position to listen, like I am focusing on something, they will talk at me and I'm expected to stop what I'm doing and listen to their 15 minute monologue. I want to scream at these people. I feel like an object that just gets talked at and is expected to confirm or deny. When I talk, I get cut off after 6 seconds.

They love small talk and my desk is right next to my supervisors and a walk away from my boss who loves to come over and just talk to us at 5 words per minute about the most asinine shit you can think of, including gossip which I cannot fucking stand. My supervisor will sit at his desk with his laptop just talk out loud to himself or read news article headlines outloud to himself to try and start a conversation.

I'm hitting a breaking point. I need this job because I am 25 and degreeless, but at what cost? I'm so fucking annoyed every day. Even just trying to have a conversation with these guys is impossible, because you can only get two words in before they cut you off and finish it for you or just dismiss it and fall back on their sayings and 'back in my day' shit. When there is a fun or exciting conversation, everyone is interrupting each other and screaming trying to one up each other and its just exhausting so there is no point in contributing because no one actually listens.
>>
>>18700407
>dead time
more like dead inside

Say this before each conversation: "please make it concise. I have work to do." It's polite, and you are telling them that you have shit to do.
>>
>>18700437

>more like dead inside

pretty much

if I said that every time I'd be outcasted and probably let go, and the older guys as annoying as they are, they are good mentors but holy fuck they are your average boomer trump supporters, I honestly feel like I'm getting dumber interacting with them every day

I can't be rude because they aren't being rude either, I work for 8 hours a day but technically I only really am working for 1 or 2 hours out of that day so its not like I have real work to do anyway

the rest is spent just bullshitting and listening.
>>
What do you do op?
>>
>>18700407

Suck it up

You are a moron if you don't understand that most people in charge like everything to be about themselves

If you are learning shit, earning money and got a chance in worklife because of them, then you had better learn to live with this for the foreseeable future.

Besides, the whole "everybody interrupt each other" when there is a good story to be told, is very very common in workplaces.

The longer you work there and gain experience and renown, the more people will stop and listen to what you have to say.
Also, you will eventually be mature enough to cut through to make your point across.

This is not school, where you raise your hand and is granted time to speak monologue for 5 minutes, this is life, where every aspect is controlled by who is most dominant and who has most prestige.

source: factory worker who went from apprentice to team leader with 9 years working the same place. I have gone from being the fly on the wall to a person who can command some amount of respect and silence when I want to make a point in a conversation.

It takes time OP, don't be so pretencious about yourself and your views when the grownups are talking. You might not realise it, but half the shit you want to say is immature, rash and not quite as well-thought or as eloquent as you believe it to be
>>
>>18700407
What's the issue here OP? You are literally getting paid to make conversation. How is this a bad thing? What would you want to do instead?
>>
>>18700407
>girl gets paid to sit on ass at job she is unqualified for and be paid attention by her older bosses. Complains.

yeah femanon, I think you need to come back when you have something to actually complain about.
>>
>>18700407
I'm critical of anyone who complains about having a job in this economy, and the worst you got to deal with is lack of work, and a little yelling? That's your breaking point? Grow up. You're not there to have fun.
>>
I think it depends in a lot of things.
Are you being supervised at all times, so you can't procrastinate a bit? Is the little work you have to do a decent learning experience and/or good for your resume?

You are degreeless, so it's not like you'll have many jobs lined up for you, especially a cushy 8 hour office job.

My first impression is telling me that you should buckle up for a year at least. Because you say they gave you a chance out of goodwill, and if you bail, you can say goodbye from putting this job as reference.
And from experience I can also tell you that sometimes getting into a new job sucks once the novelty dies off. So try to calm down and remain open minded to see if you can get used to it in two months before jumping to conclusions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.