[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with knowing that you've lost all the emotions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (12KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
12KB, 234x215px
How do you cope with knowing that you've lost all the emotions you had as a kid and that you'll never love anyone like you did as a teen, you'll never be as excited about things as you did when you were a kid, and you'll never be as ambitious or motivated to do something as you were in your youth?

All that's left is disappointment, fear, despair, anxiety, and stress
>>
That's not true
>>
>>18699456
All I had as a kid was disappointment, fear, despair, anxiety, and stress, so at least you have me beat there
>>
>>18699458
What do you mean
>>
>>18699456
You can get those nice feelings back, OP. Usually after the 4th tallboy/shot.
>>
>>18699463
This. I fucking hated being a kid and being a teenager. As a kid my imagination was rampant and I regularly experienced terror like I never have as an adult, not even in dangerous situations. Plus fuck people telling you what to do all day long, and that "I'm talking to a kid right now" attitude that most adults have.

As a teenager, thinking you're going to be hot shit in a few years and thinking you're the grossest shit that ever existed at least once a day gets tired fast. Plus, again, fuck your age always being a factor. Not that it becomes a non-issue but the whole "wow that's smart [FOR YOUR AGE]" or "you're so mature [FOR YOUR AGE]", people treating you like a budding human instead of a person, that thankfully ends.

Plus shitty as adults can be, it is still much easier to get the upper hand over them by killing them with kindness or remaining collected and reasonable. The responsibilities I have are chosen by me. Feeling real confidence that comes from knowing yourself, your flaws, your abilities, what you've accomplished in the past. Being able to rely on yourself.

I never understand this nostalgia that seems to be common. Sure I have fond memories of being young but I sure as hell would not want to trade places.
>>
The very meaninglessness of life forces man to create his own meaning. Children, of course, begin life with an untarnished sense of wonder, a capacity to experience total joy at something as simple as the greenness of a leaf; but as they grow older, the awareness of death and decay begins to impinge on their consciousness and subtly erode theirjoie de vivre, their idealism — and their assumption of immortality. As a child matures, he sees death and pain everywhere about him, and begins to lose faith in the ultimate goodness of man. But, if he’s reasonably strong — and lucky — he can emerge from this twilight of the soul into a rebirth of life’selan. Both because of and in spite of his awareness of the meaninglessness of life, he can forge a fresh sense of purpose and affirmation. He may not recapture the same pure sense of wonder he was born with, but he can shape something far more enduring and sustaining. The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.
>>
>>18699456
Speak for yourself loser. I'm having a blast.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.