[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was prescribed and took Prozac, Effexor, and Abilify for years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 152.jpg (2KB, 88x88px) Image search: [Google]
152.jpg
2KB, 88x88px
I was prescribed and took Prozac, Effexor, and Abilify for years. I wanted to lower the doses and be weaned off them for a long time but my psyciatrist always hand waved me aside. So I stopped taking them myself. This was a bit over a year ago, I feel great, continuing with therapy for over a year, making progress, etc.

My problem: These past two weeks I started feeling a constant pressure on my bladder, like I need to urinate. There's no pain and my urine looks fine. I went to the doctor's, peed in two cups. One cup for for a quick STD test, everything came back negative and said my urine is fine as far as that test is concerned. The other test will take 2 weeks to get results back.

I told the nurse (didn't see a doctor) that I'm not taking any medications, which is true. But I'm worried my psychiatrist will learn of it somehow despite the two not being connected in anyway (different insurances as well as providers).

What do I do? I hate lying to my psychiatrist, and I have gotten him to start lowering my doses but only because I started complaining more about side effects.
>>
>>18699221
>lying to your doctor
>not just asserting dominance and simply telling him what you want

How big beta male are you? STOP LYING TO YOUR DOCTOR MOTHERFUCKER! And why do you go to him if you ignore his instructions?
>>
>>18699256
because I'm worried he'll talk to social security and take away my disability, which is the only reason I can feed myself, pay my therapist, and go to school.
>>
>>18699352
If you need to lie to your doctor to keep your disability, you probably don't have one. Your better, go get a job
>>
>>18699489
I'm prescribed medication for depression, not autism, which is where I get my disability from, dipshit.
>>
>>18699625
Nowhere was autism mentioned.
The only disability you have is reading comprehension.
>>
>>18699670
Because it's not relevant, fucktard. Every /adv/ thread, there's at least one know-it-all cunt who gets butthurt when told to fuck off.
>>
>>18699221
When you feel like you have to lie to your psychiatrist to avoid all this medication shit, it's time to rethink about go to a psychiatrist.
>>
File: 654378.jpg (51KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
654378.jpg
51KB, 624x352px
>>18699780
>it's time to rethink about go to a psychiatrist.

/adv/ was a mistake. It's indistinguishable from /b/. Instead of offering advice, it's for criticizing past choices you're looking for advice on how to fix, ironically. I'm out.
>>
>>18699793
It's not about your past choices. It's about you're doing better without medication! Be happier without your medication is goooooood, not bad.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.