[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so for how long do you need to keep a gift? My parents gave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Ok so for how long do you need to keep a gift?

My parents gave me a car for ~$2500 when I got my license a year ago. It's such a shitty car, I live on the countryside of Sweden, and it's a small city car. I wanna sell it and put in another 4 grand to get a Volvo SUV but I'd feel ungrateful.

So for how long do I need to wait? My father doesn't take ungratefulness lightly. Imagine him as the godfather from the movies.
>>
>>18698944
explain to your dad why it's important for you and how you are grateful. what do you think will happen?
>>
>>18698944
I dont believe it would make you look ungrateful. The car has no sentimental value, the utility is where its value comes from.
>>
>>18699009
I've brought this up before and they were pretty offended. That's why I wondered if it was "too soon"

>>18699019
No they don't care about the actual car, so maybe you're right. If I spend all the money on a new car which is better I think they won't mind too much.

It's in a repair shop atm. Since it isn't made for these distances I've driven it, I had to change both the generator and the start engine at the same time. So I'll have to save up some money for a couple of months after this is paid for...
>>
Is there a reason they need to know about you selling the car to begin with?
>>
>>18699084
Maybe this is unusual but me and my mom are close so we talk almost every day, and they like 15 minutes from here in a town nearby, so I visit them a couple of times a month. My mother won't mind but dad is more uptight about money and stuff (who spends what on what).
>>
>>18699058
> It's in a repair shop atm.

This is probably a good lead-in.

"The car broke down again. It keeps doing that; it just wasn't designed to handle my regular commute. If I keep using it like this, it'll die completely, so I'm going to trade up for a more reliable car."

...or something along those lines.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.