[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I moved out early before my lease was up because my ex roommate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1504667939366.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504667939366.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
So I moved out early before my lease was up because my ex roommate was doing hard drugs and used my credit card with out asking. Now he hasn't paid rent and I can see online there is a lawsuit against both of us. He hasn't notified me of this and I wasn't served papers. What should I do?
>>
>>18698806
Shouldn't have consigned a lease with a degenerate. If I were you though I'd get evidence of his drug abuse and say pay your rent and leave or you're going to prison for theft and drug abuse. Unless you want to salvage your friendship. Which I would advise against.
>>
>>18698877
Pretty much this, fuck that scumbag. You still have keys to the place? Still have a few things there? Just pop in one day when you know he'll be there, if he's not already evicted, and take your phone. Tell him you're trying to get someone to sub-lease the apartment or some bullshit excuse if you got nothing left there, going to put it on craigslist etc. Snap some convenient pictures with him in the frame. If he's doing hard drugs he's going to look all fucked up. If you can, snap some pictures of his bedroom/living room/somwhere he'd have his drugs. Wait a day, call him up, say you just found out about this lawsuit shit and can't lease the apartment to anyone until it's resolved. Bring up the pictures. Go from there, like the other anon said. Would also help if you have some mutual friends who are not shitbags who can attest to the guy doing these hard drugs.
>>
>>18698806
You're up the creek lease-wise. Unless the lease specifically stated otherwise you are each individually liable for the full rent for the full length of the lease. So if they can't collect from him, they can come after you for the whole amount. You'd have to pay it and then sue him for his half.

Talk to the landlord. They MIGHT be willing to hold you responsible for only your half. That's about the best you can hope for.
>>
Thanks for all the help. I should also mention I left a while back and this is all happening now. I also have proof he used my card because the dumbass used it to pay his personal bills. I don't know how I can prove his coke use.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.