[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>New neighbor moves in downstairs >Hear that he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1500881328507.jpg (432KB, 1252x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1500881328507.jpg
432KB, 1252x1600px
>New neighbor moves in downstairs
>Hear that he's a college professor
>He seems really nice. Gonna give him a housewarming gift tomorrow.

Two questions:
On the rare occassion that I pass him, do I refer to him as "Professor"? I am not a student of his, mind you he's not much older than me.
Example: "Good afternoon, Professor!"

Second, how do I go about asking what field he is a professor of?
>>
Meet him and introduce yourself. Unless he introduces himself as "The Professor" then call him by his name. To find out what he is a professor of just ask him you dip.
>>
>>18698560
>To find out what he is a professor of just ask him you dip.

How exactly would you phrase it? I guess that's the part that I'm not certain of. What is the proper way to ask? "What are you a professor of?", "What do you teach?"
>>
>>18698566
Either of those is fine. You're overthinking it. People love talking about themselves.
>>
Masturbate on his door step and scream "I am the anti-christ" as he answers the door then cum on his turtle neck sweater, nigga.
>>
>>18698573
Your advice has been most appreciated. Thanks.

>>18698583
That's a good welcome to the building. He's already had to endure me layin' it to my gf for the past couple of days. We hadn't realized that he moved in yet, so we weren't exactly being the most cautious.

I mean, I was really going to town on it.
>>
>>18698566
"I heard you were a professor, what subject if you don't mind me asking sir"
>>
>>18698605
NAILED IT
>>
>>18698542
How did he introduce himself? If it was "Bill Smith" you call him Bill. And you just ask what he teaches.
>>
>>18698605
"Grammar, you philistine."
>>
Give him the gift of your Riverdance practice at 4am
>>
>>18698566
What the fuck, stop thinking the title "professor" means someone high and mighty. Most people become professors because they can't actually hang with doing work in their field and it's easier to hide in academia instead. Go up to the guy, introduce yourself, and say something like "Hey I heard you were a teacher or something. How do you like it? You teach anything cool? etc." Stop acting like these people are the greatest thing on earth, they're not, in fact I've had a number of straight up dumbasses when I was going through my Master's who didn't know shit about shit, they just graduated from the same school, couldn't cut it out in the workforce for their particular field, and applied for a position teaching the same courses they just completed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.