[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I dated this girl for a month or two beginning last January

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0949.jpg (103KB, 480x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0949.jpg
103KB, 480x307px
So I dated this girl for a month or two beginning last January (our senior year in college). She tells me quickly that she's moving halfway across the US when we graduate in May & tells me to not get attached. Scared of falling in love & getting hurt I end things.

She comes back last weekend and we grab drinks at a bar and spend 3 hours chatting. She comes over and we stay up all night cuddling and chatting (no sex).

Now for why I'm here. For some reason I feel hurt - like a bad breakup. I never fell for this girl when we dated yet after one night I feel super depressed that she's gone.. why? How can I have these feelings after one night?
>>
You spent a whole night and you knew her before, whats the question here?
You can fall in love in 5 seconds.
>>
>>18698309
What confuses me is I saw her for a few months & we spent the summer apart and I didn't have any of these feelings. Now after one night I'm torn up - I don't get it at all.
>>
>>18698309
>>18698332
Also, looking for some advice on what to do? I can afford plane tickets & she's asked me a few times to visit but idk if that would be good or bad.

I just don't want to feel like this again and I feel like seeing her again would add to it
>>
>>18698301

Remember emotions are just chemical reactions designed to elicit a behavioral response. In this case, it seems like you brain is flushing you with intense feelings of love because it knows she's going away and your mind wants you to desperately nail down this piece of tail.

The depression is pain your mind is inflicting to negatively reinforce your decision to allow her to go or to not follow her, so that you are less likely to do it again.

That's not to say you should start locking up your girlfriends in your basement. It just that you should know what your brain is trying to do to you if you want to get over these feelings.
>>
>>18698344
This actually makes a lot of sense.

Do you think having sex could have changed my feelings? We were sleeping with each other when we were dating and I was well aware that she was leaving, yet I felt nothing negative when she took off. The only thing that changed was sex vs. no sex.
>>
>>18698360

This is just armchair neurology on my part, but I'd say sex would mitigate the feelings, not eliminate them entirely. Obviously the instincts are trying to promote intercourse, so it makes sense that sex would put off depression/obsession, but that's only putting it off for a few hours.

It's the prospect of a permanent absence that's probably triggering the emotions, and that's not going away for as long as you're mind still thinks it can reverse the situation in your favor or something better comes along.
>>
>>18698378
So basically, there's nothing I can do but wait and let myself get over it.

She does want me to fly to see her but I'm thinking that would put me in the same place I'm in now. Anyone have an opinion on if I should go or not?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.