[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need 6 days worth of dinners. Please help me pick cheap things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170907-140800.png (185KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170907-140800.png
185KB, 1440x2560px
I need 6 days worth of dinners. Please help me pick cheap things I can cook at home. I'm usually pretty good at budgeting, but recently I've had a huge loss of income and I'm struggling a little bit.
I'd really appreciate meal ideas. Anything that doesn't contain meat ideally.

Love you.
>>
What do you already have in the cupboard?
>>
>>18698290

Beans, rice, cabbage, chicken.

Can't you look online for tips?
>>
>>18698299
I have:
>Oil
>1 can of beans
>12 eggs
>A really old half open bag of spaghetti
>Half a bell pepper
>Vegetable stock
>Half a bag of mixed frozen vegetables
>2 large potatos

Thats it. I was probably going to make soup for dinner tonight with the vegetables stock and potato, but I'm pretty fucked outside of the eggs otherwise.

>>18698300
Everytime I look online for cheap meals, every recipe promises it'll be affordable and feed 4. Except they all expect me to have like 40 fucking things already that drive up the price drastically.
Plus, I literally only have a bar fridge and can't afford another one, so I have no room to store food or freeze things really.
>>
>>18698290
Rice is really cheap, lasts for long, and is good nutrition. At the Asia markets where Asian Restaurants buy you can get like 20 kg bags for it for really cheap.

While unhealthy the cheapest kinds of pralines have lot of kcal for the buck. If you chedck the labels carefully you can get like 4000 - 6000 kcal in pralines for 2-3€. That is up to 4 days of food.

Eggs can be cheap.
Potatos as well.

Oatmeal and Milk is really cheap af as well, and it has a high kcal density. A liter Milk costs like 55 Eurocent and a kg of Oatmeal is like 70 Eurocents for the good stuff, 35-45 Eurocent for the rough stuff. If you buy large bags of Oatmeal normally fed to horses you can dine even cheaper.
>>
>>18698313
Okay, that's a decent bunch of stuff you already have. You can get 2-3 days worth of food from that already, though you probably shouldn't eat that many eggs in such a short amount of time.

Soup is a good idea, do the supermarkets/stores where you live reduce the prices of their bakery items at the end of the day? Because if they do, you could pick up some cheap bread to go with the soup.

With the spaghetti, a tin of crushed tomatoes reduced down could make a quick pasta sauce (it'll be cheaper than actual pasta sauce), and throw the veges in there to make it more nutritious. Pick up another bag of frozen veges too, they're cheap and they'll add more nutrition to your meals.

Otherwise pick up some rice and dried beans, and maybe some more tinned tomatoes. You'll be able to feed yourself for the next few days with the food you have and the money you have, no problem.
>>
>>18698313
> Baked potato with some veggies
> Scramble with eggs, bell pepper, more veggies
> Purchase SUPER CHEAP hot dogs, have hot dogs and beans
> Scramble with other potato, other eggs

It's about portioning.
>>
>>18698290
I assume that wheat is the most grown grain in Aussieland? Look for cheap, direct-source products with it. Bread, obviously, but flour would be even better. Buy a little salt, and some garlic, and boom, food for a week.
Just flour, water, salt, and garlic shavings for flavor.
Bonus is that flour doesn't need a fridge.
>>18698322
this too

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>18698313

what appliances do you have access to?
>>
>>18698313
Oh man get some cheap ass rice. Beans with fried eggs and steamed rice is fucking amazing.
>>
>>18698313
But also some things you should have in your kitchen at all times to cook with: garlic and an onion. Before you start cooking dice a clove or two of garlic with a sixth of an onion and put that shit in the pan with some oil to brown them a bit and you'll thank me later.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.