[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like everything I do and say makes people hate me a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: discobill.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
discobill.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
I feel like everything I do and say makes people hate me a little bit more. Nobody ever says so of course and I think I'm a pretty polite person but I'm not very articulate and I'm kind of an idiot. I feel like no matter what I do I can't win and any action or comment can be perceived as an insult or being a dick. Why should I live if I'm going to feel hated no matter what I do. I would rather have no friends, have no one like me, have everyone be neutral toward me, than to have a single person hate me. I wish I could go back in time and undo all my friendships and relationships and just not have to feel like people are insulting me behind my back. How do I live a normal life and be happy /adv/. Is it worth it to try?
>>
>>18698179
I'm having a similar problem. After many years of bad friendships and experiences, I've come to realize that most of them were somehow caused by me being myself - a shitty person, in real life or on the internet.
Not the "complete asshole who talks shit about people" kind, but the "annoying guy that becomes a bother if you get to know him too much". I do strive to be polite, but I feel like I'm only an okay person to be around in small doses, and that my behavior in general is rather childish and attention-seeking.
I've been trying very hard to build up that "quiet guy" facade, excluding myself from society and politely refusing any invitations to social stuff by people I've been acquainted with recently, to the point where nobody really talks to me anymore when I'm not somewhere we all gotta be for a while (like uni classes). I evade people and don't start conversations for fear of being a bother and never shutting up, because if I get to hang around with someone, I eventually become rather obnoxious; not to the point of being told to fuck off, but somewhere down the road where it's not quite unbearable, but not nice either. It feels even worse because at least being told to be less annoying straight away would give me some closure, but I'm never told anything and the doubt eats away at my self-esteem. Even when I do try to evade attention, I often think I sound like an asshole for not wanting to talk to people. Even so, my deeds and solidarity do make people happy sometimes, but I'm sure my personality never does.
I don't want to be who I am anymore.
>>
You both have some pretty deep seated self esteem issues and should find therapists.

Internet words won't help
>>
Whoah ive been having a similar realization also lately. After recently making a new group of friends i feel i can be offputting sometimes and i can't help it. One drunken night i was told i seemed unapproachable to people that didn't know me well. I dunno im trying to be less assholish but i feel i sometimes get these anxiety fueled dick moments. I guess im just gonna try to be more self aware, it entails some effort but it time to stop being lazy. Also, i have made an effort to at least act like im happy to see people i have no interest in talking to.
>>
>>18698179
>>18698236
I always wondered what was wrong with me growing up. Friends, as much as i sometimes thought i liked having them, never came easy. I thought i was being nice or helpful, but would come across as a know it all or rude. Now that i have a kid i realize i may have asperger.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.