[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that I'm at uni, how do I make new friends without embarrassing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Now that I'm at uni, how do I make new friends without embarrassing myself? My roommate is litterally autistic so he won't be of much help, and most of my hobbies are solitary things like reading.
>>
join (the) social clubs or learn a foreign language
>>
>>18697882
>learn a foreign language
I'm confused, what would that accomplish
>>
Which country?
>>
>>18697897
USA
>>
>>18697905
You could attend parties or other gatherings with your peers and find friends that way. You can easily avoid embarassing yourself by not getting blind drunk and doing something stupid.

Got any hobbies?
>>
>>18697929
My main hobbies are reading and film. I was thinking of joining the book club but I'm afraid it will be john green shit. There's a creative writting club also that I'm thinking of going to.
>>
>>18697936
You should at least check those clubs out and ditch them if you feel like they are not for you. Uni is also good time to get out of your comfort zone and trying something new. There are cool people in unexpected places, so maybe try also something you wouldn't normally do?
>>
>>18697887
Sometimes there is chat meetings with foreign students aimed to improve your practice (and to meet new people). Learning a foreign language is a good pretext to participate in those.

Also, work in group with classmates / amphi neighbours > sympathize > become friends > meet friends of friends is a good way to go.
>>
>>18697929
Not that anon, but how do you get invited to parties if no one talks to me in the first place?
>>
i spent today going around with a fake survey about whos the funniest late night talk show host.
i met about 50 people, had about 4 bad interactions, and got about 20 new contacts

try that idk
>>
Join a frat if you're serious about making friends. You'll get laid really quickly too. Just mind your academics.
>>
>>18697873
Pick a better hobby.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.