[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24 y.o guy that graduated in geology three months ago.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 258x195px
I'm 24 y.o guy that graduated in geology three months ago. There are about 20 geology job offers at my country right now and I'm not qualified for any of them.
Can't get into masters/phd because my GPA is fucked, went through clinical depression through college.

I was getting so much better at the end of college, but once you fucked up, people won't give you chances. This shit is making me considering an hero again

Any advice of people that started over on a different course, or maybe college dropouts?
>>
>>18697755
GPA isn't everything. Apply to those grad positions anyway. Write a personal narrative, and explain why you're still a good candidate, and why your grades don't mean everything. Look outside the box. Consider applying to grad positions in another countries.

If you've already accepted defeat, then the fight is over. It's only when you send in 500+ applications and they all get soundly rejected--then, and only then do you get to wallow in despair. You haven't even tried yet.

Also, as you may know, most people don't even work in fields related to their majors, for one reason or another. Again, think outside the box.

Maybe go backpacking somewhere, and do a little bit of LSD/psychedelic and have some "revelation" before you off yourself. Seriously. Take some time off. Meet some new people. And ask for their opinions. Experience different things. Gain a broader perspective. Then revisit this issue.

Good luck.
>>
Also, what country are you in? I was going to suggest a very easy state university to get into, on the West Coast that happens to have a decent geology program: Cal State Bakersfield. Most people overlook that school because most of the refineries are in Texas or in the Dakotas. Bakersfield is in an armpit of CA (of course, it has to be since that's where petroleum shit is refined). But yeah, just try applying there.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.