[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just flunked out in the 4th year of my CS degree and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1499851310174.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499851310174.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
I just flunked out in the 4th year of my CS degree and I'm required to withdraw. Long story semi-short, I couldn't manage my time efficiently between studying, a part-time job and classes. Just got overwhelmed, started skipping most of my classes, started handing in all my assignments late, and the more it continued, the more anxious I would be to go to class. Basically went from straight B's/C+'s to failing everthing in two semesters. Used some of my withdraws to limit the damage to my GPA, but I'm still below 2.0 and I'm required to withdraw.

Guys I'm just so lost, I have no clue what to do from here. Honestly. I want to see a counselor, but what would I even discuss? I don't have a valid reason to appeal, I wasn't sick, nobody died, there's absolutely no reason something like this should have happened. Just that I'm shit at managing my time and couldn't handle the pressure. Should I start looking for a job? My GitHub is ok I'm my opinion, and I took a few Senior level classes even though i failed most of them. Is online classes an option, I just need my credits from senior level classes to graduate, but they might not accept that for transfer.
>>
File: 1503737213904.jpg (73KB, 1342x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1503737213904.jpg
73KB, 1342x1192px
Pls send help!
>>
Last bump
>>
>>18697038
I'm a CS major with a 1.0 gpa. Technically my Overall GPA is around 2.7, but I transferred to a 4 year last semester, took an algorithms course along with 3 other courses at my community college, and ended up with a D in that one course which made my gpa 1.0.

What do you mean required to withdraw? Are you going to be on academic suspension? I have been in that situation before back when I first started college. At my school they make you take a semester off. To return you have to talk to your advisor and write a letter explaining your situation and why you messed up. The truth is though that they want you to stay in college no matter what so just go in and explain that you need help.

This happens to a lot of people especially people in the harder STEM degrees.
>>
>>18698304
The "required to withdraw" status is basically an academic suspension. I'd need to take 2 semesters off and then try to return again. Talking to an advisor is the best course of action, but I don't even know how'd I explain this to them. Any tips on how I should approach them?

Also the two semesters off thing is really troubling for me, I'm literally just need two semesters to graduate, needing to wait half a year seems like forever.
>>
>>18697038
Every semester I feared that I'd be going through what you are but I only have 2 ezpz classes left. I honestly wish I had advice for you OP. If it means anything I'll get my degree and won't get a job anyway because I suck. Good luck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4&index=104
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.