[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to gain discipline and to build habits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1495623591929.jpg (336KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1495623591929.jpg
336KB, 960x1280px
What's the best way to gain discipline and to build habits ?

Is it starting really small, trying to keep a slow but steady and regular pace ? Or do you have to try real hard and make radical changes ?
>>
>>18696919
Don't force off bad habits, just add in good ones and try to make more room for them over time.

To answer your question, in my experience you need to keep a steady pace and try real hard sometimes.
>>
I read that 3 weeks is what you need to start daily habits.

Things like exercise and flossing your teeth.
Force yourself to do those every day for 3 weeks and you'll start being able to do those without forcing yourself to.
Try doing things one at a time though and don't fill up your plate.

Probably the best to start is flossing.
It's easy to do and actually has a lot more benefits than just keeping your teeth clean.

If you want to change your diet, then change small things first.
Don't do things like flat out cutting out sugar. Start with just cutting out sugary drinks, then make your way to cutting junk food to once a week
>>
>>18696919

I watched a speech by a naval officer at a graduation day for an event. He said that he built discipline by making his bed everyday, because once you have made your bed, you have completed the first task of the day. That piece of advice really helped me because I keep reminding myself of the first task of the day and get all the other stuff done. Perhaps I'm not disciplined now, but I'm definitely a lot better than I used to be, and I'm improving, slowly adding more things to my task list, like exercise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhgvzNLUN8

Here is the speech, you may find it useful.
>>
>>18697001
why is the speech a song from ghost in the shell ??
>>
>>18697007

my bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhgvzNLUN8
>>
>>18697010

there it goes again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esoQKkFQoIQ

accidentally pasted the link into the bar, this is the speech.
>>
>>18697014

kek, thx anon
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.