[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't know adult life was this shit. Just moved away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: CGgYnTNUAAAfpfn.jpg (77KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
CGgYnTNUAAAfpfn.jpg
77KB, 600x601px
I didn't know adult life was this shit. Just moved away from home to grad school that I'll never be able to pay back. Don't know where my life is gonna go.

Why am I so scared?

I miss the family security. Every other relationship with another person I make feels artificial and very conditional. I miss the unconditional love and the knowledge that I'll have a roof over my head.

How do people do it? 8 hours of sleeping, 8 hours of working or school, for me 2 hours of commuting. That leaves 6 hours out of 24 to live. And every day feels the same.

I want to get past the fear. I want to be happy despite how hard it is. I know some people have managed to do this, but how?
>>
>>18696419

clean your room? maybe that will make you feel better.
>>
>>18696419
>unconditional love
>family security

sure wish I had things to miss
>>
>>18696424
It sounds stupid and condecending, and really it is, but this does work.

That's life. It's a lot of "Why in the fuck would this noqnsensical shit result in this?" And "I never woild have thought that......"
>>
File: 1408337593157.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1408337593157.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>18696427

>unconditional love
>family security

i guess this is why moving out was so easy for me.
>>
>>18696430
Little things like that really make you feel better?
>>
>>18696427
>>18696435
Yeah, my gf had a shit relationship with her family too and had no problem going away to college. I guess I know how comfortable life can be and I miss it.
>>
>How do people do it? 8 hours of sleeping, 8 hours of working or school, for me 2 hours of commuting. That leaves 6 hours out of 24 to live. And every day feels the same.
plus 1 hour for lunch and dinner, or 2 hours if you are cooking.
leaves you with 4-5 hours of free time to "improove yourself", read books, go out, watch tv/play games, masturbate/have sex, manage your money, have time for yourself, etc..

seriously, how does everybody else do it??

i believe people who love their jobs and love what they do dont feel this way, but still
>>
>>18696869

And what about these people that in their free time do a second job just to have more money?

>how does everybody else do it??

I don't know. But when you see a person who is satisfied about this routine, he probably doesn't know he's gonna die.
>>
There is no unconditional love, or it's extremely rare. If you're a slob and a failure, even your parents will only begrudgingly support you. You always have to give something back and that's a good thing.

As for your day being consumed by work. You'll get used to it. Realize that this is the lot of nearly every single person in human history, and back then people slaved away on the fields for 16 hours.
>>
>>18696419
>8 hours of sleeping, 8 hours of working or school, for me 2 hours of commuting. That leaves 6 hours out of 24 to live. And every day feels the same.
You aren't alive when you sleep or commune or work?!

The secret is to learn to live in every moment.

http://www.thewayofmeditation.com.au/blog/what-i-learnt-training-in-a-zen-monastery/

You are telling the world to make you happy but have you ever thought why it should do that? Who are you to tell the universe how it should be? The universe can be whatever it wants to be.
>>
>>18697175
But the universe wants to bring me pain and fear. Is there any way to be happy in the moment with the anxiety disorders I got?
>>
>>18696987
>There is no unconditional love, or it's extremely rare.
Maybe not completely unconditional, but it would take alot more for family to stop loving and caring about me than for friends to stop loving and caring.

I can work, it's a drag but that's not really my big problem. It's being alone.

>>18696869
The only thing I enjoy is acting and teaching acting. Teaching it is more realistic of a goal but still difficult to get and feels impossible.
>>
>>18696987
>As for your day being consumed by work. You'll get used to it.
Not OP, but that sounds fucking horrible. I believe that a person's work should support their life, not the other way around. If you're working more than doing things you enjoy, you've fucked up somewhere. I think I would rather be dead than spend 40 hours per week doing some job that I hate, just so that I can spend the weekend doing things I enjoy.
>>
>>18697372
Sure there is occasionally. But it takes work and there isn't a way to be always happy
>>
>>18698373
I'm just always scared. I don't want to be scared anymore.
>>
>>18698892
>I don't want to be scared anymore
Yet you will be. Many more times in your life.
>>
>>18698892
Maybe you should accept that being afraid is also part of being human.
Not all the time, not with the same intensity and magnitude you are experiencing, but it will be there, because it's useful to your life.
Except going to therapy, some meditation could help.
>>
>>18698983
Yes, but every day? This isn't normal. All my other friends liked having their own place. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me

>>18699011
I'll try that. I know fear will still happen but this is too intense for something that shouldn't be bothering me
>>
>>18699113
>Yes, but every day? This isn't normal.
> this is too intense for something that shouldn't be bothering me
>>18699011
>Maybe you should accept that being afraid is also part of being human.
>Not all the time, not with the same intensity and magnitude you are experiencing,

You have still chosen a way the universe should be for you but that's not how the world works. That's the main source of your suffering. It doesn't matter if it's normal or not.

Instead of wishing things to be different now accept how things are now and work to improve them. Don't say "I have to change this and that before I can be happy!". Instead be like "This is what life is now. It might not be everything I wanted but it's the best I can have now".

http://www.thewayofmeditation.com.au/blog/what-i-learnt-training-in-a-zen-monastery/
>>
>>18699142
So I should just have panic attacks every day and give up trying to get rid of them? I don't understand. How can I have peace if I have to accept that I'm miserable
>>
>>18699177
>So I should just have panic attacks every day and give up trying to get rid of them?
... Are you illustrate?

>>18699142
>Instead of wishing things to be different now accept how things are now and WORK TO IMPROVE THEM.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.