[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When someone talks crap about you in the work place, how do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (43KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
43KB, 358x358px
When someone talks crap about you in the work place, how do you handle it?

I have an issue. I work a government job and there's a union. I work very well at my job and I am frequently asked to put in more hours (supposed to be given in order of seniority). Bosses will secretly give jobs to people who deserve them (because people with high seniority honestly are not always the best), but if someone tips off the union or feels they are treated unfairly, the less seniored people get booted, and the higher people get put in. I've only been here 5 years, vs people who have been here like 10-20 years more. I was picked for a job because it is very physical, very laborious, and I guess they wanted a younger, able-bodied person for it.

Basically, there's this older woman at my work. She's absolutely terrible. She refrains from all physical activity, does nothing but chat (or ignore you if she hates you) then collect her paycheck.

Unfortunately, she's been working here for like 15 years. She found out I got extra hours. And started talking shit to my sup that I am a terrible employee. She isn't one to talk and everyone knows it.

However, I am terrified that she is going to call the union (she will) and I am going to be booted and I desperately need these hours. Is it worth putting up a fight? I don't know what to say to defend myself. Should I just not speak at all, and keep doing my best?
>>
>>18693882
>Government Jobs
>>
>>18693882
I'm going to be straight forward because you are a fellow anon who is a particular conundrum that I have found myself in, however, I have been raised and taught to fend for myself even if it cost me everything.

I don't recommend that approach if you have everything to lose by losing your job. I've had a couple of instances where other employees will try to undermine me, but because I have a very short temper I confront them and speak up. Now those particular people and myself are on bad terms, in that we don't communicate with one another, but it has made things much less tense knowing that we have no obligation to help each other out because we are on friendly terms.

OR, you can go to HR. Take the risk and explain your situation. Tell them everything you just typed here.

ORRRR you can suck it up. Some people are going to hate you because they can. You're going to get those kind of people, anon.

Make your decision or wallow in depression over someone who, and I quote, "refrains from all physical activity, does nothing but chat (or ignore you if she hates you) then collects her paycheck".
>>
>>18693882
Offer to be her bitchboy if she doesn't complain upstairs
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.