[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love a girl my family doesn't approve of, disown level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1502165488925.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502165488925.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
I love a girl my family doesn't approve of, disown level disapproval.

Anybody got any experience with that kind of stuff?

If so how'd it go for you?
Got any pointers about it? Or just opinions? I'd be happy to hear them.
>>
if your family would disown you for loving someone then they're not your family. what about her is so appalling to them?
>>
>>18693540

Well.

She's 18, I'm 25.
>>
>>18693552
Well, she is young and history dictates that her tastes will change.

It sucks that your family will disown you but it may be their way of warning you about getting involved with someone who hasn't fully matured (mentally).
>>
>>18693569
This, kinda.
Though the point I want to make is normally I'd say fuck your family do what makes you happy, in this situation I would not want to toss out my family over this girl, since in as few as even 1-2 years she could be a completely different person. She's not out of puberty yet and you will likely break up.
I wouldn't make any rash moves. Maybe date in secret for a few years. If you defeat all odds and stick together by the time she's 23-24, then fuck your family if they still can't support it despite you dating for 5-6 years you don't need them
>>
My family hates about 90% of the shit I do. So when I hit 8th grade I cut everyone except my brother and sister out of my life. As in they would ask me what's going on and I'd tell them "Not much."

I mean it must have worked, since one family member tried to have their wedding on my birthday.
>>
Thanks
>>
>>18693552
You're hiding something. No way a family will disapprove their son marrying a younger woman, come on this is literally the norm. Be honest, why does your family not like her?
>>
I fell in love with an alternative hippy'esque girl, who has tattoos all over and several piercings and hails from Iran and on paper is Muslim.

My family "doesn't like" Muslims, or Iranians, disapprove of tattoos and piercings and hate the alternative "freethinking" type of people.

Despite all that every time she smiles it brightens my day, every day I am around her feels like a successful one despite whatever else may have happened. Being around her makes me a better person.

My solution was to simply not tell my family. A good solution? Maybe not. But no amount of explaining or talking is going to make my family compatible with her, and I refuse to let my family dictate how I live, I have had over 22 years of an overbearing overprotective family who used emotional and financial blackmail. It reached a point where I was no longer leading my own life but simply the life they wanted me to live. Towards the end I could barely think for myself or make decisions for myself, as that was something I had rarely if ever done. The first time I took a bus was at 18 years of age and I had to fucking google how to do it, where to get my fare etc.. At 21 I had to figure out how to set up my finances, my insurance, my taxes etc. shit I was never shown how to do, yet always dangled over me.

In a way I guess I love her because she represent everything my family is not. In a way my family disowning me would set me completely free, I would have no obligations to them anymore, no more fear of letting them down, no more of them controlling any aspect of my life.

I guess this doesn't help you a lot with your question, but I hope it gives some insight into someone with a similar problem.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.