[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been in a relationship for the past 6 months with a wonderful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: scr.png (1MB, 804x612px) Image search: [Google]
scr.png
1MB, 804x612px
I have been in a relationship for the past 6 months with a wonderful girl. I love her so much and I care about her more than anything.

The issue between us is that she had an ex boyfriend for 3 years and after break-up, they decided to stay as friends. This part didn't bother me that much, they were in contact via call, messages etc, she was always honest with me about this.

Last night, she told me that his ex boyfriend moved to a new apartment and asked her to come over to catch up and talk a little bit. She told me that she wants to go there. I said to her this would make uncomfortable and unhappy but I will not stop her if that is what she wants.

She says I am overreacting over this and it is completely normal to keep in contact and meet each other in a while etc.

Am I being crazy over this? Is this really normal? Please advice.
>>
>>18692335
No it's not really normal. Why did they break up?
>>
>>18692335

Most people I know would frown on her meeting the guy alone. It's kind of shady. Is she going alone or is it some kind of party? Were you invited to go along?
>>
>>18692340
>>18692340
Because his ex boyfriend was cheating on her, after she finds out, she decided to break up with him.

The funny part is that he says he still loves her, he wants her back in her life etc.

Seriously I don't know what to do...

>>18692345
She is going alone, it is not a party. It is just one to one date.
>>
>>18692335
dude you aren't being tough enough. stop her ffs
>>
>>18692353
I can not stop her, she is an adult. Even if I stop her, she could still go behind my back and I wouldn't know about it. Open communication is a better way.

I really like her honesty though, she didn't keep this as secret and ask for my permission.
>>
>>18692351
>She is going alone, it is not a party. It is just one to one date.

Then I repeat my sentiment, you are justified in not liking it.

>The funny part is that he says he still loves her, he wants her back in her life etc.

Also, he is telling her that stuff? DUde, do yourself a favor a walk away from this caustic mess.
>>
>>18692351
cuck
>>
>>18692360
this
>>
>>18692360
The problem with walking away is that I still love her so much. I seriously don't want to lose her.
>>
Find a better girl because this one is trouble
>>
>>18692368
>I seriously don't want to lose her.

She doesn't care about your feelings and she can't see this situation from your point of view. Either she is too oblivious or too much of a bitch to care. Is that a good partner?

I'm assuming what you said it the truth, and that nothing else happened that has relevance to this situation.
>>
>>18692376
Nothing else happened, she was honest from the beginning about everything. Not even once she lied about anything.

On the other hand, she already knows how I feel about this and wants to go anyway. Maybe you are right.
>>
>>18692335
no no no! she going to meet her ex alone at his house! completely inconsiderate and selfish of her, if i was in your shoes i would put my foot down! let her know that is disrespectful and rude. i know you care about her heck you might even love her but, relationships are about compromise. i bet you wouldn't chat up you ex or another girl while telling your girlfriend "its cool" would you? it would be hurtful and mean.
>you are not overreacting
if she gives you someshit about it, I'm afraid you should breakup with her. sorry to be blunt but life is to short and spending time with someone who doesn't care about you is a waste of time
>>
If your gf is making a dealbreaker out of this situation then yeah, you should leave. A normal and mature person would take your feelings into consideration. If she really needs to catch up with her ex they can get coffee somewhere instead of hanging out in his apartment.
>>
i should have went through the thread before posting this >>18692428 and i assume you have a clear perceptive of the situation. i wish you the best of luck bro.
>>
I feel for you bro. There are clear lines between ok and not ok. This isn't ok. Ex's should not be friends, especially if you've slept with them.

She does not have the right intentions in her heart. I hope you guys figure it out but don't stay in a relationship where their is no respect.
>>
>>18692385
I've been in similar situations before. What she does is going on a tightrope walk. She could choose not to do that walk but she does it, because of the feelings the other guy still gives her, the warm familiarity and maybe the excitement. It's a tightrope walk because that guy wants her hard and has realistic chances, because she's only a human being and driven by emotion like us all. Maybe she has a bad day, maybe she's still kinda into him, maybe she's not satisfyed with you because of some petty shit. When you tell her not to go on this walk she'll accuse you of being insecure and not trusting her. And then when she falls down (cheats) she'll blame you or the circumstances or fate but not herself.

I wish I knew what the perfect solution to your problem was. I know, I know, she's the perfect girl for you otherwise. But that feeling you've got in your stomach right now, the reason you're on /adv/ is not because you're a controling boyfriend, it's not because you're overly jealous, no, you're a normal dude and you're not asking too much of her. If I we you I'd start emotionally detaching myself from that girl and the fuck off when I'm ready
>>
>>18692495
Btw, be prepared for her to do mental gymnastics and call you jealous when you are just drawing a clear line between ok and not ok in your relationships, wether with her or any woman.
>>
>>18692501
>controling boyfriend
what nerve! how could you call that. what reason justifies you categorizing him. i am not arguing that he shouldn't dump her. he is just confused and went to /adv/ to seek honest and Anonymous opinions on the situation. how does that make him a controlling bf
>>
>>18692527
It was meant as he isn't controlling, just a normal dude who suffers under his gf's fuckery
>>
Update

I reached to her ex and we talked a little bit over facebook messenger. It seems that she lied to both of us. He didn't know she was dating me til 2 months ago but we were together for 6 months, she kept it hidden from him. They have been together during those 6 months and he told me that it was her idea to see his new apartment. He didn't invite her.

After hearing all this from him, I called my girlfriend and I said what she did was not acceptable and she should come clean. She said I was controlling her, over jealous and insecure and I should have trusted her from the beginning. She didn't answer any of my questions, and she said she doesn't want to stay in a relationship because I went behind her back and talked to her ex.

I told her to fuck off and I was done with this shit.

I feel extremely awful right now and I know that I still love her...

That is really fucked up. I wonder what is wrong with me.
>>
>>18692501
After reading your comment, you hit on the target. Thanks for your advice.
>>
File: 1385922039966.png (431KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1385922039966.png
431KB, 640x478px
>>18692844

Nothin's wrong with you. It's normal to have conflicting feelings for a girl who treats you like shit. The hard part is recognizing that she isn't giving you anything but pain anymore. The girl you're in love with doesn't exist, pretty much. Lots of us go through this shit, and it sucks ass but that's life, I guess.

Good luck to you, bud
>>
>>18692844
You done the right thing, she's a manipulating, two faced harpie.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.