[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being unable to find things interesting? I tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_m62242O7CN1qhqyxh.gif (499KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m62242O7CN1qhqyxh.gif
499KB, 500x280px
How do I stop being unable to find things interesting? I tried many different things in the last years (photography, cinema, videogames, books, writing, programming, jogging, gym, tv shows, playing ukulele and guitar, traveling alone) and none of them lasted more than a couple months before getting extremely boring and uninteresting in my mind.
>>
I'm borderline and don't find anything interesting. I can't stick to any hobbies or interests. Maybe that's your problem too.
>>
>>18691482
>Maybe that's your problem too.
I do I find out without spending 400€ per month on a shrink
>>
>>18691472
Do you maybe go in too deep with one thing at a time instead of enjoying multiple interests at surface level?
>>
>>18691472
Just take up cooking. It's practical and you get yummy food out of it.
>>
>>18691517
>Do you maybe go in too deep with one thing at a time instead of enjoying multiple interests at surface level?
absolutely correct. I pick something (let's say cinema) and that something is now my life (i.e. watching 4 movies per day, buying 10 DVDs/BluRays per week, making lists and archives of seen movies, etc). Then suddenly the urges passes away. And I won't watch a movie for months.
>>
>>18691520
>Just take up cooking.
been there, didn't last more than 3 weeks
>>
>>18691526
Then thats your problem.
Practice some moderation instead of getting your fill on one subject. Allocate some time of the day to one thing and another time to something else. Spread your interests over a week.
You're less likely to get bored of them that way.
>>
>>18691590
>hey I have dis problem got some advice?
>"c'mon man stop having dat problem"
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
>>
>>18691580
Stop quitting. It sounds like you're burning yourself out by going too deep into these hobbies. Cook something a couple nights a week, maybe watch a new movie Every weekend. Find a book to read before you sleep and take morning jogs. If you structure your life around a new hobby before you've built a passion for it then of course you're going to get sick of it. Try a few things casually. Either they'll just become a healthy habit, or you might find something you find really fulfilling.
>>
>>18691526

So it's not that you don't find things "interesting", you don't find things to be your passion. Big difference.
>>
>>18691627
Maybe you're right. I'll update my question from
>How do I stop being unable to find things interesting?
to
>How do I stop losing interest in everything I do?
Because I STILL like movies and videogames and reading and writing... but it's like I consider them a waste of time so I'd rather not do them anymore.
>>
>>18691595
>>18691517
Perhaps you should start paying that 400€/month on a shrink. Sounds like you could use it.

Why exactly are you trying to be such a cunt to these Anons that are trying to help you? >>18691590 Provided fair enough advice, assuming your response to his original question wasn't completely sarcastic, which given the demeanor you've demonstrated thus far, wouldn't surprise me.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm not as great and fantastic as you are OP, but I really don't get it. You just come off as a very aggressive and condescending person, and I assure you, nobody here finds that as charming as you seem to.

Do you honestly want help, or are you just here to treat other human beings like shit to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>18691644
Is there something more important you are spending your time on? If you just can't work up the motivation to do the things you love that could be a sign of depression.
>>
>>18691649
>Do you honestly want help,
I want help, not facebook-tier banalities from mongotrolls like you and that other faggot whose GREAT ADVICE is "bee yourself".
>>
>>18691472
People only usually like to do things that they are good at. Getting good at some things takes a few years.

I suppose you have to find something you enjoy creating or doing now and invest as much time as you can in it. It's best just to choose one or two main things since becoming really good takes time.

It's ok to try a lot of different things though. Sometimes you have to get out there and see what really interest you.
>>
>>18691653
That was the first post I've made in this thread, you fool.

You can just go stuff yourself then.

Also:
>facebook-teir banalities
>mongotroll

It's going to take some strong drugs to fix whatever the fuck is wrong with your head.
>>
>>18691472
You're going at it backwards. Instead of picking things at random and trying to develop an interest in them, figure out what sorts of thing you're interested in (music? physical activity? reading?) and then pick something specific within that area.
>>
File: 854865486584.gif (63KB, 800x815px) Image search: [Google]
854865486584.gif
63KB, 800x815px
>>18691653
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.