[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm a high functioning autistic person >I hate it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 608.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>I'm a high functioning autistic person
>I hate it
>I have resentment towards my parents because I believe the way they raised me is partially why I'm such an autist
>No one outside my family knows I'm autistic
>Others bully me
>I work really hard to try to overcome my disability
>I work out, I practice my instruments, and try to improve my social behavior
>I had a 4.0 last year, but now my grades are slipping
>During summer I don't have much interaction with others, and I'm a lot worse at paying attention now
>cripplingdepression.jpeg
>Never had a true intimate relationship with anybody
>Been depressed all my life
>Starting to contemplate suicide daily

Will it get better
>>
>>18690861
Yes my dude, it will get better. There are other people out there like you, and if you keep looking, someday you will find them. You just have to keep trying.
>>
You can't change who you are. It's better to accept you as yourself and find people that will do the same. Once you are happy with yourself and you have support from others around you, there is nothing you have to worry about.

The short answer is yes, it will get better, hang in there buddy
>>
you're not autistic
don't blame your parents unless they abused you

just get your fucking shit together
>>
Probably not.
Education years are the best in a social perspective,everything is going to go downhill from there.
>>
>>18690861
25 year old high functioning autist here

it does get slightly better. i spent a long fucking time working on being less of a sperg, and im pretty good now, but i still cringe over all the shit ive done over the years, and i developed some psychological issues that led to lung/liver damage due to smoking/drinking.

basically im a semi-functional sperg who can act like a relatively normal person now (though it still takes effort), and while i dont think a single shit about the fact that im technically a tard, i still cringe every time i remember some of the shit ive done.
>>
>>18690861
Do you have an official diagnosis or are you a self diagnosing excuse making piece of shit?
>>
I feel like I'm in a similar boat to you OP. I want to blame my parents on a number of things I wish they would've done better, but now that I am 25 I understand that all of my personal circumstances are up to me to improve/change.

However it feels like I've always been under the thumb of my parents and that I will never escape unless I cut off contact with my family completely for a while. But this is extremely problematic as well.
>>
>>18690861
High functioning autism is a label, not a death sentence. It's a description, not a condemnation.

It means, essentially that you have difficulty reading some social situations and cues, like people's emotions or attitudes. It does NOT mean that you CAN'T read them, just that it doesn't come naturally to you and you have to work at consciously noticing and interpreting clues others pick up easily.

It's a set of skills that you can learn, practice and get better at - though I grant you that involves a lot of exhausting mental work and frustration.

Actually, though, from the outside high functioning autism is hard to distinguish from "normal" nerfiness or social awkwardness
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.