[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my hair to stay in place while also looking natural?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: vg.jpg (843KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
vg.jpg
843KB, 1000x1333px
How do I get my hair to stay in place while also looking natural? Are there any secret techniques to making hair voluminous and healthy? I know next to nothing about product, both in terms of variety and application.
>>
>>18690768
wash your hair in just water then finish it off with cold water. The natural oils will stay in your hair making it more maneuverable. Stop using shampoo it makes your hair fucked up, dry and staticie
>>
How did your tinder stuff go?
>>
>>18690779
I gave up on it because I kept sperging out.
I don't think I'm ready for a relationship yet if I don't even know what to do to make someone like me. Now I just use it to practice having conversations whenever I get a match.
>>
>>18690789
>be yourself
you dont make people like you.
>>
>>18690775
I wash my hair once a week or less. I shower everyday, starting with hot water and condition my hair/wash myself, then rinse everything off with cool water. I also use a deep conditioner once a week after I shampoo, as well as a leave in conditioner after my shower every day. Despite all this, it still doesn't look luscious and shiny like I want it to.
>>
>>18690794
dont use hot water that damages hair, only warm.
Stop using shampoo and conditioner for a week. Just wash with water. Thats what I do and it doesn't smell bad or look greasy and it hold in the places i want it to. Give it a week if you dont like it. go back to old routine and use hair putty.
>>
>>18690775
Not OP but I haven't washed my hair in a month. Just done water showers, warm then cold. My hair has more volume and doesn't move as much, but it's still a little greasy. Getting better though. Scalp is also itchy and flakes are really bad. Should I continue? Will there be improvement?
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (315KB, 787x939px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
315KB, 787x939px
>>18690793
I don't know what it is, man. Girls seem to like me at first, but then it all just goes to shit because they see how bad I am at conversing and not acting like an autist. I just get too invested in people I barely know too quickly, and it fucks everything up.

>>18690817
Should I keep using leave in conditioner?
>>
>>18690830
I've never had issues with my scalp so i cant really give you advice on it. sorry
>>
>>18690838
No i'd stop using conditioner to. You want your natural oils doing the work. Just try it for a week and see how it goes with no products and just washing with water.
>>
>>18690844
I've heard that it does get better. I'm pretty sure I just have dry scalp, rather than dandruff which is caused by fungus. When you stopped using shampoo how long was the transition period for your hair?
>>
>>18690838
I have to see what your saying. Conversations are like dancing or any action. It has a purpose and end goal. conversations have to be steered. But if you dont have a lot of practice with conversations then they are usually aimless. How are you getting invested in the person? what are you telling yourself to get to that point? On thing to practice moving your expectations.

Before you talk to these girls set up an idea of what your going to expect and were you want these interactions to go. The main thing is to make a goal for the conversation. It can be meeting up, learning more about the person, making them laugh, ect.
>>
>>18690859
I heard using coconut oil is good for getting rid of flakey scalps. Coconut oil has bacteria killing properties. Might be worth trying. I stopped using shampoo since march and it never got overly greasy. It also depends on how much you sweat and age.

I know hair usually get overly greasy because shampoo gets rid of it constantly, should only take a few weeks for it to normalize.
>>
File: SCREENSHOT2.jpg (1MB, 540x6780px) Image search: [Google]
SCREENSHOT2.jpg
1MB, 540x6780px
>>18690871
Alright anon. I feel ashamed of myself letting others see this autistic spaghetti spilling, but I really could use some helpful advice. I spend over a decade without any real friends and almost no social life, so my social skills are basically nonexistent. Also, you should probably know that I was pretty stoned when I wrote these messages.
>>
>>18690937
didn't read yet. But why are you texting when stoned? I dont know if your like me. but i can get fucking weird when i'm high.
>>
>>18690768
It's called having thick hair and your hairline is receding my friend
>>
>>18690945
I have no confidence and can't think of what to say when I'm not. At least when I smoke I am free from all the fear and anxiety holding me back, and can say express exactly how I am feeling. The last thing I want is for a girl to get bored of me because I was afraid to show her who I am as a person and what kinds of things I think about.
>>
>>18690937
Dude, I liked what you were saying at first - as a gril who's into dreamy synths and vocals too - and then you really laid it on thick. You really need to play it cool with girls and not come on so heavily. :/

>what kind of things I think about
Maybe you should think less about expression (unless you find a particularly sensual/creative gal) and more about what you can share with the person you're talking to. You should prob just have a few more casual conversations with girls.
>>
>>18690937
okay heres some tips.

In the early texts you were over showering her with complements. I get the strategy, pour your heart out to them and they couldn't possible refuse you. But your really over romanticizing it. The stuff your saying is stuff you say when your about to get engaged. This is key to realize you need to layer this out. Start of with a few little compliments.
>but your the only person that i've ever felt such a powerful desire to be close with just from a single glance

You have to put this stuff in perspective. I know you've been socially isolated. But these words are pretty strong. When you first introduce your self you want it to be light. People like the chase of slowly finding out more about you. But your just putting your cards on the table the moment you start to talk to them.

Also pay attention to what she says
>you're overwhelming me about here though, I dont know how to react to all this.

A conversation is a back in forth. You say something then she says something. Honestly what was she supposed to say to this? people dont usually pour there heart out the first time they talk. But this is the first lesson. She said it was overwhelming. So next time dont do this. Because you will continue to overwhelm girls.

The best analogy i can give is. You have one of those iv bags from the hospital that drips water in your blood. You want it to slowly drip, to much and it will kill the patient. What your doing is cranking that bitch to 11 and instantly killing the patient. slow down with the pouring of emotions. You need to learn restraint. Practice it. Hold it back and just give out a little.
>>
>>18690937
Alright continued from other post.

The conversation starts with talking about subjects you like.

Then you pour out all you heart to this girl

she tells you you're overwhelming her

you get more desperate and plead with her

she not use to people talking to her like this and doesn't know if your fucking around.

your screaming desperation at her. You need to cut out all of this but the beginning.

Use this structure

Talk about your interests and add a few nice compliments her way and joke around. You need to be light hearted (dont get super serious)

now before talking to her set a goal. What do you want out of this interaction
A date? lead the conversation that way. ect

But the key thing that will automatically make these conversation better. is STOP POURING YOUR HEART OUT. start there and you will see progress.

Anon this will play out better for you if you stop overwhelming these girls. You said your using tinder now just to practice talk to girls. Good, start practicing restraint.
>>
>>18690937
>Is this a joke
My sentiments exactly. You have to know what you did wrong here. You barely know this girl, and you're talking like you're deep in love with her. That's really off putting and a little scary. Even if you do develop an infatuation give her some time to get to know you before you're waxing poetic about how beautiful she is.

Compliments are good though. Tell her she looked really cute in something she was wearing in one of her pics.
>>
>>18690937
Just give up like you said before this isn't ending well for you
>>
No tips for your hair, sorry.. I think it looks a little messy in the picture but otherwise fine. Just wanted to say whats up to a fellow ginger (?right) and you have beautiful eyes so who the fuck cares whats going on up top, ya dig
>>
>>18690768
OP this is like 5th time I see your photo in the past month

Why the fuck are you asking about every little detail about your body ? Are you that much of a narcissist faggot ?

>How do I get my hair to stay in place while also looking natural?

Don't wash it 50 times per day and use a bit of a gel. Now go date another slut.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>>18690768
>How do I get my hair to stay in place while also looking natural?
Hairspray
>>
>>18690768
buzz cut, matey
>>
You look like a ginger Todd Howard.
>>
>>18690937
holy fuck, and I thought my tinder convos were autistic while they were probably just boring
dude do you have legit autism? if not, stop responding stoned
>>
>>18690768
I have my hair spiked to the side and I use LA looks gel with axe messy look hair wax. Gel for hold and wax for definition. Idk if it's of any help to you or not though since everyones hair and hairstyle is different, but yeah
>>
>>18690768

use gel / paste to get your hair looking the way you want. then use a little hairspray. thats what holds it in place.
>>
Guys should have short hair.

Unless you're a metalheads, in which case hair to your ass.

Me suggestion to OP is to stop acting like a faggot.
>>
>>18690775
Yeah, I can't do that. My hair is really greasy. It's ready for another wash by the end of the day.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.