[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My father has been having an affair for the last 6 years. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

My father has been having an affair for the last 6 years.

I have known about it since the beginning as he is appalling at covering his tracks. I am baffled at how I am the only one to have discovered his secret. He is constantly texting the bitch and I have read the text conversations when he leaves his phone unattended. Needless to say I struggle to find any respect for the man.

I have been a pussy until now and tried to block it out of my mind with some success (I used to be able to go weeks at a time without thinking about it) but now, since I will move out of the house in the next 18 months I am increasingly feeling like I need to do something about it.

I cannot see any course of action I can take that won't result in the complete destruction of everything, especially for my mum.

Leaving this situation unresolved is increasingly not an option as I am losing a lot of sleep over this.

What do?
>>
The fact that you didn't tell your mom/his partner 6 years ago when you first discovered it, makes you a really shit person. Seriously.
>>
whatever you choose, it will hurt.

hurt you mom, hurt you, hopefully you don't have siblings.

can your mom manage to live on her own? is she passive? is she aggressive?

if she is passive, she will internalize it, and do nothing, and undoubtedly live with the pain knowing all the love she put in was for nothing

if she is aggressive, will she pursue divorce, does she work? does your father make enough? will he be splitting half? will she get the house? will she be out on her own?

you need to think carefully about this as easing your burden won't ease hers unless she has a solid plan to live in case of divorce.

just think it through anon
>>
>>18689897
>ripping your family apart whilst still being dependent on them

Sounds like a great idea for OP! Perhaps instead of berating him you could offer some advice
>>
>>18689907
Fuck you, her dignity and self-worth is worth more.
>>
beat your dad up
>>
>>18689897
I was a child, sorry for trying to hold onto whatever semblance of a 'family' i could after I found out it's all been a lie...

>>18689904
I do have siblings, but we are both over 20. I honestly cannot say how my mum would react, though I would lean towards the passive side. All assets would probably have to be split if she did pursue divorce, which would mean moving to a smaller house and her getting a job since my father is the primary breadwinner.
>>
>>18689892
>He is constantly texting the bitch and I have read the text conversations when he leaves his phone unattended.

sounds like the problem is you being a creepy fucking snooper.

Stop checking out people's phones.
>>
File: cheating bait2.png (78KB, 540x281px) Image search: [Google]
cheating bait2.png
78KB, 540x281px
>>18689892
You are in no position to do anything. This is between your mom and your dad.

I bet she knows the whole time and simply chose to ignore it. Some people are like that.

>stupid frogposter
>>
Same happened to me but it was my mom instead of dad. Once I discovered it I put a key logger on her computer and found she was into some seriously fucked up shit even though she seemed like Martha Stewart type.

It's only a matter of time me before he's found out. People have a tendency to shoot the messenger
Didn't have the balls to tell my dad. They eventually got divorced.
>>
>>18690155
What was she into? Sorry just super curious
>>
>>18689892
>It turns out your parents have a consensual open marriage
>Your dad likes to roleplay sneaking around because he gets off on the thrill

Everything_turned_out_grosser_than_expected.jpg
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.