[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people tolerate 8 hour workdays? I've worked food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

How do people tolerate 8 hour workdays? I've worked food service and could barely tolerate 4 hours.

I fucked up and got a degree in acting and I don't know how to do anything else. What job can I get that isn't totally miserable? What I really wanna do is teach theater to kids but I'm afraid I wont be able to make enough money, or be able to even get it off the ground.
>>
File: IMG_1183.png (142KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1183.png
142KB, 600x842px
You fucked up with your life choices Anon. You made your bed, now sleep in it.
>>
I find every job is fucking shit but what can make a job is who you work with.
I work retail, the work is boring and the customers can be annoying but I like all my coworkers, I like my manager and my Boss.
We all have good fun together and the day goes quick.
>>
>>18689740
You either love what you do or realize that jobs are man made bullshit that is all vanity with no real point in the long run. Having a trust fund is the only real way to enjoy life. These days there are assistants to assistants and they have assistances with fake titles.
>>
>>18689769
I want to be able to make like, 40k and be able to have a small house in a suburb or rural area and have a crappy car.

think I can do that with retail?
>>
>>18689792
Maybe if you make it to Manager but that could take years of had work and even then it may not happen.
>>
>>18689740
>got a degree in acting
why?
>>
>>18689740
Suck it the fuck up. Work is a part of life. I work 12 hours a day 5 days a week rotating night/day shifts. You have it easy compared to some of us.
>>
>>18690350
Probably because he thought that was where his passion lies and it's what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. I have a friend who had a good job who left it so he could get a degree in dance. No amount of reasoning would change his mind.
>>
>>18690353
How do you do it? That's basically being a robot, how do you do anything else?
>>
>>18690355
>had a good job
I'm curious as to what it was
>>
>>18690376
I understand that I'm not special and I'm a part of a machine. My job is to work and bring home money for my family. Nothing more, nothing less. When I have my leisure time I enjoy it because I have the money to.
Some people are just too selfish/lazy to understand this. Society doesn't care about you finding yourself or how you are feeling, you are a number and you are defined by your productivity so shut up and do your job.
>>
>>18690382
Something in IT/programming, I don't know the specifics. He did a double major in math and CS and got something like straight As, so he really had a good career going there.
>>
>>18690389
What do you do? I can agree that's how society functions but that's not how it used to function, or how it functions in other first world countries. I'm not saying you're special or need to find yourself, I'm just asking you to question where your work is going. How much of it actually goes to your family and society?
>>
>>18690405
I can't do math. I wish I could, so many jobs require a decent grasp on it
>>
>>18690417
I work in mining so its hard labour.
I don't mind the work at all actually the thing that drives me nuts is getting 40% of my pay robbed by my government every month. I don't see anything in social programs either because I'm a healthy white male. I couldn't even say the roads are taken care of either because theres pot holes everywhere which are destroying my vehicle which I paid taxes on.
So if anything its government making my life miserable, not work/business. Other than that I am fairly happy in life and have a few nice things.
>>
>>18689798
>wagecucks
>>
>>18689740
I feel ya bro. I got a BFA in theatre. The diploma means nothing.
>>
>>18691086
Could I maybe teach kids? Open a children's theater?
>>
>>18691557
>a childrens theater
in the current year
hahaha
>>
>>18689740

8 hours are nothing when you have tried 4x12 hours 6-18 shifts

The best thing you can do is to try to enjoy your job(even a shit job is 3 times better if you do it while humming, whistling or singimg), keep moderately active and stop looking at the time every other minute, also make sure to add five minutes on your breaks if you can
>>
>>18691574
explain, why is it not do-able?
>>
>>18689740
Present yourself well and you should be able to get any sales job anywhere - just show them you can perform friendliness and confidence.
>>
Tfw you work 12 hours from 430 to 442 every day and maybe you have a day off every 13 days.
>>
>>18689740
8 hours isn't very much, OP. It all depends on how much you like your job like other anons have said. I got lucky and work out side every day usually in different places every week.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.