[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How natural is sleep paralysis? I seem to get it at least once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How natural is sleep paralysis? I seem to get it at least once a week. I wake up in the morning paralysed and I have to really strain myself to forcefully wake myself up. Like make several attempts at pushing myself until I'm awake, which feels exhausting. I don't have nightmares or visions, but I can hear voices. It immediately puts me on edge for the morning and the rest of the day. My twin brother has the exact same experience but we dont know many other people who suffer from it. I've had it for as long as I can remember, but I don't think it was this frequent during childhood. Is there a way to overcome it or atleast diminish it?
>>
>>18689646
Doctor.
>>
>>18689646
It's pretty normal, well not normal but in the sense of a lot of people get it. Go to a doctor, he'll help you
>>
Try the doctor or adjusting the way you sleep. I would always get sleep paralysis when I tell asleep in class in highschool. The way I would wake up is by attempting to scream and opening my mouth back and forth. I guess sleeping on the school desks with my back slouched is why I got it. If you sleep normally see a doctor, otherwise, still go see a doctor anyways
>>
>>18689646
bro.
I have same ting.
sleeping on my side reduces this.
>>
>>18689646
I've heard that not getting enough sleep can bring it on. I've had medication cause it.
>>
>>18689646
i got it once, thought i had woken up but couldn't move and some grey demon looking things without faces began dragging me by the feet off the end of my bed. woke up in a sweat breathing hard once they had dragged me to the edge of the bed
it was spooky as fuck but it was a cool experience, almost wish i could do it again
>>
Ever since I did metta meditation this stopped happening. I used to get them once a week, now I rarely get them

Also try to sleep on an empty stomach, at least 3 hours after your last meal
>>
>>18689646
I find I get it if I take certain supplements or eat certain foods.
I used to take some Vitamin B supplements to help induce lucid dreaming and a side effect was terrifying sleep paralysis. What's your diet like OP?
>>
I get it quite often. If it gets annoying I just roll over and lie on my stomach, which is effective in preventing sleep paralysis, or just get out of bed.

I also find it quite exhausting to break out. It used to happen so often that I wasn't afraid when it happened just annoyed. One time it happened five or six times over a single morning so when I slipped into sleep paralysis for the last time that morning, I just felt so annoyed that I didn't even bother fighting it and voluntarily sunk deeper and deeper. I must have allowed myself to fully fall into REM sleep as when I raised both my hands they were blue and transparent (it looked like a star wars hologram). This caused me to wake up upon realizing what was going on.
>>
>>18689646
Try to keep a consistent sleep schedule and don't sleep on your back.

About two years ago I was working back to back shifts 5 to 6 days a week, and my sleep schedule all over the place. I was getting it almost every night. Now that I go to bed at the same time every night, I don't get it no where near as often.
>>
Woah and here I thought I was weird thinking that not being able to move my body from bed for a solid 5 minutes and feeling like I was drowning was a solo thing.

It's mostly from fatigue
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.