[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into smoking? I've smoked a few times with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

How do I get into smoking?

I've smoked a few times with my friends, and most of the time it gave me a headache, sometimes it made me feel good, the other times it made me horny as fuck (lolwut).

I'm thinking maybe I tried some strong brands. I don't plan to be addicted, I only want to smoke socially/recreationally and not as an anxiety dependent like other addicts.

Are there good noob brands to try for newcomes? Also what is the right technique to smoke?
>>
File: 1428123024462.gif (316KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1428123024462.gif
316KB, 400x400px
>I don't plan on being addicted
>>
>>18689644
Smoke cigars. You're not supposed to inhale cigars. And I'm talking like thos small ones that come in packs, with he plastic mouth holders.
Besides they actually smell nice to other people.
>>
>>18689644
You'll get addicted. As long as you know that, smoke whatever brand ya want. It's all cancer at the end of the day. And ya know what they say, cancer sells... Wait, do they say that? I eh... I have to go
>>
This has to be bait right?

If you truly want to smoke recreationally but don't want to get addicted then smoke cigars. You see someone smoking a cigarette and they are always a bundle of tightly wound nerves that needs their next fix right away. You see someone smoking a cigar and they are always laid back and relaxed.
>>
>>18689644
>How do I get into smoking?
I wouldn't recommend it; I picked up smoking for extra breaks at my first job when I was 17.
I'm 24 now and have tried to quit about 10 times but I always come back to it. Nobody thinks they're addicted until they try to quit; not a day goes by that I don't beat myself up for it still

It just feels like all this shit I keep in my head is going to burst out at coworkers or customers if I don't get my poison every couple of hours.
>>
it's not really worth it, it's not that hard to get addicted but quitting can be easy if you do it early enough. get turkish silvers i guess, they're less strong. flick your ash with your thumb and practice inhaling without hands. looks cool I guess
>>
>flick your ash with your thumb and practice inhaling without hands. looks cool I guess

This crap beats me, do people really just smoke for looking cool? Why do you try so hard to fit in? smokers smell like shit
>>
Start with any brands lights/lites. As for the right technique. Make sure you get a Zippo and learn to light it while snapping your fingers. After that you'll want to make sure to take a sizable drag that way when you exhale you look like a man.
>>
>>18689766
hey, he asked for things to do to look cooler. just suggestions. I said at the start it's not worth it
>>
>>18689687
>>18689689

Yeah not bait. I've done some weed and many, many drunk nights with my old school friends and never ever felt the need to go back to any of those vices when I'm by myself. Its been 8-9 months since I even had a beer now lol.

Now I just want to smoke recreationally, and I don't even intend to smoke more than 2-3 per siting and that too once every months or so. If it begins to get addicting, I'll dump it. I'm 29 btw.
>>
>>18689787
>If it begins to get addicting, I'll dump it
>If the product specifically designed to create a mental and chemical dependence starts to become addicting, I'll just drop it
Top lel
>>
>>18689787
>didn't had a beer in 8 or 9 months

lol what are you some kind of weeabo that doesnt go out or what
>>
>>18689832

immigrated to another country. Don't have much of a life here but work pays good.
>>
>>18689644
First, smoking only seems to calm anxiety, because refocuses a person and staves off nicotine cravings (which can last weeks). Second, why the fuck would you want to start smoking? It's basically putting toxins in your body and fucking up your pancreas, heart, and lungs, all on fucking purpose.

Just smack yourself in the face, dude.
>>
>>18689832
sad if your social life is dependent on alcohol tbqh
>>
>>18689865

Because its good as fuck, tastes delicious, and really is an enjoyable pasttime.

I smoke one cig every 2 to 4 days and its fine.
>>
>>18689644
Not recommended. Long time smoker tried to quit a few times, still back and forth on it all the time. Plenty of better things to spend your time and money on, mate.
>>
>>18689644
dont do it u dumb fuck
american spirits nonfilters/ camel non filters are the strong ones you can buy off stores. smoke that shit in the morning and ull feel nicotine rush.

after getting used to effects for the first time, it seems easy to cut. but you're developing a habit. as you go on, you'll smoke after work or on smoke break to reward yourself after something. or to cope with certain feelings. as you smoke more, not only your body but your mind is getting used to smoking whenever just to feel less like shit.

smoking is also bad cuz it's not really up to you to do it sometimes as a guy. in some cultures, its cool to smoke together and you'll be peer pressured to addiction. that life is fun, but it's really bad for u. my dad and a friend died from lung disease and let me tell you it didn't stopped me from being addicted.
>>
File: IMG_20170904_231656.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170904_231656.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>18690658
this guy knows what he's talking about. Pic related, as I read this.

I have done all manner of drugs including strong opiates and other addictive substances and nothing is so easy to slip into or hard to get out of as a cigarette addiction, save physical dependence on fentanyl or heroin. I smoked on and off for YEARS with no problems stopping at will until one day I found myself buying cigs when I did not want them. I still don't want them.

Don't do it OP.
>>
>>18689787
>I've done non-addictive substances therefore I won't get addicted to nicotine

real whiz kid here
>>
best cigarettes: American Spirit Blacks, Marlboro Reds, Marlboro Southern Cuts, Marlboro 27's

I've been smoking cigarettes for 3 years now but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I can smoke 3-5 a day for a solid 2 weeks and then go completely dry for a month and be fine. I can smoke upwards to 40 or 50 in a weekend and then be dry for a month and be fine. Idk, I think it's all in the mind. I get 'cravings', but realistically all that is for me is "damn I'd like a cigarette right now" but I'm indifferent to it.
Cigarettes are fucking great. I'd take a fresh pack over a bowl of weed or a 12-rack of brews any day.
I'm 19 btw.
>>
>>18690836
"Nicotine's addictive nature includes psychoactive effects, drug-reinforced behavior, compulsive use, relapse after abstinence, physical dependence and tolerance.[18" (wikipedia)

keywords: relapse after abstinence

Protip kiddo, you're addicted. I can quit for a month too, no problem. At least I don't lie to myself about the reality. 22 here.
>>
bad breath, lung cancer , yellow teeth , having other people breath in your poison.....yeh man go for it then kys if the smoke doesnt
>>
>>18689673
Don't do this, cigars are for douchebags.

Light cigarettes are your best bet, and you might want to veer toward menthols; the minty flavor is a lot more palatable for some people. Avoid Reds ("cowboy killers") and unfiltered cigs. Also, don't smoke too quickly; take time between draws. It's not a race.

I would recommend buying a couple of packs of light cigs to get used to it, then exclusively bum off of people in social situations after that. You don't want to become a slave, but I get that you don't want to look like a pretentious asshole if literally everyone else is smoking at a party. If it's a situation where people are drinking, they won't give a shit if you bum cigs anyway.

tl;dr: Buy 2 packs of menthol lights to SLOWLY get used to smoking, then exclusively bum off of people at social events and don't smoke otherwise.
>>
>>18689644
Ok, here for a different answer. I regularly smoke weed and its hard for me to stop, but tobacco makes me dizzy and horny, just like you. So I only smoke it when on parties or meetings with friends. Just try with lighter brands. If you ever smoke by yourself then you know you have gone too far.
>>
>>18689644
Don't smoke. It's a waste of time and money.
>>
>>18690883
>I can't stop smoking weed
man grow up
>>
>>18690894
I don't know what you mean. Right now I'm on cold turkey. Haven't smoke (or fap) in four days and its like hell... But feeling smarter and more focused already.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.