[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the realization that you're a boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1500669709612.jpg (9KB, 236x199px) Image search: [Google]
1500669709612.jpg
9KB, 236x199px
How do you deal with the realization that you're a boring person? I'm already doing very well in my field at a much younger age then my peers. I just got into my twenties, and most the other people i work with are already in their 30s.
However, this all comes at the cost of my social life and the fact that my interests are very boring compared to most people. I can't relate to anyone my age either as I don't work or really interact with them, and I mostly just find them annoying.

Is it an ego or a pride thing? I don't have any issues socializing or being in a group, but I find I'd rather just be working on my career. I'm very conservative with my money, so I don't buy very many "fun" things (posters, figures, etc) besides tech related shit. I guess I've never understood going out to the mall and getting a bunch of useless shit.

Thoughts?
>>
>>18688815
boring people are just bored people. stop trying to type yourself. that's dumb. you can become interesting by becoming interested in things.

if you think you're the only person in your neighborhood who likes bird watching and that's boring, then go to a birdwatching convention and you might meet your spouse there.

geddit?

>I can't relate to anyone
You shouldn't expect other people to be the same as you. We're all unique snowflakes. However, *empathizing* with someone is an emotional state, one that is easy to avoid, especially when you are preoccupied with your own ego and your own vanity and self-concern.

>I'm very conservative with my money, so I don't buy very many "fun" things besides tech related shit
Go to a tech meetup and take somebody (man or woman) out for a reasonably priced lunch, or Starbucks. Say you're interested in them and want to talk to them (and at least try to be).
>>
>>18688815
>Is it an ego or a pride thing?

It sounds like such. I mean, you are boasting how advanced on your field you are and how you find others "annoying" instead of saying you just have nothing in common.

>I don't have any issues socializing or being in a group, but I find I'd rather just be working on my career.

Want to make friends? You gotta go out and have fun.
>>
>>18688825
>>18688834

This makes a lot of sense to me. I've been to a couple conventions before with a friend, and it was a blast. I guess it's never occurred to me before I could keep going to these things.

The ego/pride thing I've only recently figured out unfortunately. Another friend of mine told me I seem to talk down to people when I speak. I wasn't even aware I was doing it, so now I'm trying to keep it in check.

Really appreciate this feedback friendo.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.