[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting my 30yo partner to do basic hygienic things like brushing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

Getting my 30yo partner to do basic hygienic things like brushing his teeth or washing his hands after he shits is like pulling teeth. He thinks I'm micro managing but I think this is all pretty standard, it grosses me out. It's like I'm constantly mothering my adult bf (he's older than me by a handfull of years btw). He legitimately makes me feel like I'm crazy or out of line for holding him accountable to stay clean. He just took a shit and didn't wash his hands, I passively said something about it and then finally flat out said "please go wash your hands" now he's locked away in the bathroom refusing to talk to me, pouting. I don't think this is normal behavior. I don't think I'm a fucking manic for waiting my adult bf to be clean, and at the end of the day I really hate feeling like I need to mother him to make sure he does this basic ass shit. All these little things are adding up and it's putting a strain on our relationship and I don't know what to do.
>>
>>18688604
Better question is: why are you dating someone who won't wash his hands after taking a shit? Desperation?

I know it's harsh but if the dude is 30 years old and doesn't care about basic hygiene and gets offended when you are trying to keep him clean and without shit on his fingers, he won't change. If you are okay with dating someone like that, good luck. If not, dump him. He is a manchild to the extreme.
>>
>>18688617

youre right. its not desperation, im just holding out for a change, i know thats not realistic. weve been together for a few years now, and he is a good person...ive been trying to weigh out the good v the bad. thanks for the feedback, i think breaking up has been a long time coming just trying to prepare myself for it.
>>
>>18688604
>he wont wash his hands after he shits
that sounds pretty fucked up desu
>>
I see this thread all the fucking time

You better not be attractive
>>
>>18688604
ewww
>>
>>18688604
I don't understand why you girls choose and hold on to guys like this, this is nasty. All I can think of is when you got together your hygiene wasn't great either and you didn't notice.
>>
>>18688604
gross I would never date someone like that unless I was desperate what's up with you. fix your life.
>>
>>18688801
dude idk. we were raised in different household types, my parents are pretty anal about shit and his just didnt care, im not sure if that has something to do with it or not. weve both been dealing with depression for a while too. i try to be compassionate because when my episodes got bad in the past i wasnt on point all the time either, but this doesnt seem to be related to episodes, this is just constant. at some point it does become coddling though, its a fine line.
>>
>>18688745
its disappointing you see this thread often, i feel like this is pretty basic shit that shouldnt be happening.
>>
>>18688604
Tell your manchild of a bf to fuck off if he doesn't stop being a huge pussy. If he's going to act like a gross cunt, he isn't worth keeping around either. Imagine having a baby with a dude that never washes his hands... Someone I know is in a similar situation; the father managed to give most of his kids worms because he was so fucking gross
>>
>>18688723
The longer you wait, the harder it will be

Just do it; be the adult here
>>
>>18688617
the fact that im coming to 4chan about this means im pretty rock bottom ha. thanks for the feedback guys, i know whats up in my heart sometimes i just need strangers to validate that
>>
>>18688885
barf....
>>
>>18688890
i know, i think this has been a long time coming. despite the difficulties and shit hes still a good dude and a good friend...its just hard because i know this is something im gonna have to do in order for my own personal growth i just wish hed grow tf up so i wouldnt have to break up with him
>>
>>18688850
But why in fuck would you even start dating a guy this nasty in the first place? Even in elementary school everybody knew who the dirty kids were. Even dirt poor kids know to wash their hands after a shit. Like I said before, all I can think of is you didn't bathe or brush your teeth or wash your hair or wash your hands after taking a shit then eating from the first and both you pigs would suck and fuck and eat in filth.
>>
>>18688918
No one's saying you can't be mates, you guys can still hang out; just don't let him touch your food :^)

If he's pouting and shit over this, he's going to make it pretty hard... Stick to your guns.

Good luck, dude
>>
Disgusting. Maybe the shock of losing you will be enough to light a fire under his ass to change his ways. You really shouldn't need to remind an adult to wash his hands after he defecates. Does he expect you to kiss his mouth full of unbrushed teeth and yesterday's food? How has he gone through life being like this? When I was in school kids were absolutely brutal about the smallest of hygiene slip ups.
>>
>>18688930
when we first got together i didnt notice it, it wasnt until after we started living together that i started to see it.
>>
>>18688950
it seems like nothing is going to light that fire. im not sure how or why he thinks this shit is normal or okay. he grew up in a pretty toxic household and has depression issues, so i think that contributes. but at what point do you start to hold yourself accountable for your own life and own actions?
>>
"if you don't brush your fucking teeth, im not going to shave anything below my waist"
>>
Man I try to be clean and hygienic as shit and still got no gf.

Why do gross faggots like your bf can get a gf while im here posting to this retarded thread of yours.
>>
>>18688988
How in fuck do you not notice a guy that never brushes his teeth? Goddamn I bet his ass and balls would gag a sewer rat and you had your head down there. You must be nasty.
>>
>>18689488
Not a problem with me
>>
>>18689507
I get it anon but I don't think OP is any prize and you don't want a nasty ass girl like this. They probably never wash their clothes and live in filth. They are probably meth heads or junkies.
>>
>>18688850
not all guys wash. doesn't make sense when you're tidy with the paper.

if you are already depressed, it makes more sense to just don't press on this issue.
>>
>>18688604
I wouldn't eat his cooking if I were you.

Imagine all the fecal fries and sphagetti and shit balls you could be ingesting.
>>
>>18689880
OP's BF detected
>>
>>18689893
>Implying a manchild who doesn't even brush his teeth would ever cook anything other than a grilled-cheese sandwich

This the kinda mothafucka who say "man, I'm hungry…" and look at you expectantly when you come home from work
>>
>>18689563
me either. I date girls before they get hair so they cant leverage that shit against me.

>>18689893
You're beyond retarded if you think that there aren't acceptable levels of feces and bugs and rat parts by PPM in all foods processed for human consumption.
>>
OP you essentially have one shot. Sit him down and tell him that the reason you are "micromanaging" is that he isn't living up to your standards of hygiene. That it is important to you, it makes you lose respect for him that you have to request it over and over again, and attraction knowing that he isn't meeting these standards to begin with.
Either he actually steps it up or you can safely conclude that this is who he is, and either live with it or break up.

The reason why he's being so avoidant is because this is his normal. He no doubt convinces himself that virtually no one washes their hands after pooping in their own home - and likely comes from a family where they didn't. It is annoying for him to hear you "nag" about stuff that is trivial/overblown to him, but more importantly, it makes him feel bad to be confronted with you thinking he's dirty for behavior that does not make him consider himself dirty. In his mind, if he flips the switch and does what you want then he is essentially (also psychologically) accepting that you are right and he used to be unclean, comes from an unclean home etc. Which makes him feel dirty about himself and makes it more tempting to conclude that you are exaggerating than that many people would see it that way.
At least, it's the most logical explanation.
>>
If it were me I'd just publically shame him on Facebook or something. Once OTHER people start telling him it's not alright he'll listen.
>>
File: restaurant-handwashing.gif (26KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
restaurant-handwashing.gif
26KB, 400x289px
>>18689922
Food is contaminated form undercooking or dirty shit hands that spread bacteria, fecal matter, etc. The cooking process does kill almost all of it off. However, when the food is done and you infested hands it is in issue, retard.
>>
>>18689908
whatever, I'm not Sharon's BF
>>
>>18689961
>I'm not Sharon's bf anymore

Fixed it for (you)
>>
>>18689922
>You're beyond retarded if you think that there aren't acceptable levels of feces and bugs and rat parts by PPM in all foods processed for human consumption.

Nobody made that argument, Edward Shitterhands.

The issue is this guy being ABOVE those acceptable levels of contamination.
>>
>>18688604
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyodeHtVvkA
>>
>>18688801
The shit women put up with is unimaginable to me. How do you even find a guy who can't brush his teeth attractive?
>>
>>18690145
Maybe she's over exaggerating and is a huge ball buster and is also probably a huge leech and can't get anyone better and she knows it. I dunno for sure, though....
>>
The majority of men do not wash there hands after using the restroom, so your boyfriend is actually normal.
>>
>>18690038
>Edward Shitterhands

Fucking kek

Also op your boyfriend is gross as fuck

>>18690170
I know a lot of guys that don't wash their hands after pissing (still gross) but I'm pretty sure all of them wash after taking a shit
>>
>>18688604
Have you tried getting him a bottle of hand sanitizer? It's less work than washing.
>>
>>18688999
Sad thing he won't change no matter how much you nag him. I am kinda in the same boat. I am living with my new boyfriend and I've noticed he doesn't care to shower much, like only once a week. It bothers me..but at least he washes his hands and brushes his teeth. Being unhygienic is really gross and I don't want to deal with babying another guy.
>>
>washing your hands after you take a shit
have fun dieing from ebola aids during the next plague
>>
>>18691594
>he doesn't care to shower much, like only once a week
And you lay down beside him at night? You are just as nasty as your bf. Same dirty sweaty sheets. Oh well, you must be in Europe
>>
>>18688604
gross. the pouting is even more unattractive than the lack of hygeine. maybe teach him about diseaae transmission and also punch him in the head for being such a wuss
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.